Ten Amusing Facts About Segway Stockholm
Stockholm is the city of beauty and resourcefullness. A lot of trends in music, fashion, technologies were invented in this city before they got popular worldwide. Fantastic cultural heritage and exciting history altogether with charming cafes and restaurants make Stockholm a great place to visit. There are many things making guests delight Stockholm – charming nature, exciting cityscape and pleasant atmosphere. If you are looking for non-pollutant mean of transport for discovering Stockholm you could select Segway.
Even the tourists with rich and long experience and thousands of discovered places will be steamed up with that Segway tour around Swedish capital. Travelling by bus, train or any other kind of transport will not bring you such a pleasure as going by Segway in Stockholm.
Stockholm has unmatched ambience of beauty and adventure. As a large and modern city Swedish capital has numerous points of interest and entertainment facilities. You can start your tour from the Royal palace known as the home of the royal family. It’s one of the most popular places of Europe. Skeppsholmen island with its great museums, architecture and jazz music will be a good choice for a second place of interest to check in Stockholm.
Almost all most important buildings of the Swedish capital such as Parliament House, City Hall and Royal Opera will be included in this tour. Such a trip will be much better with a fast and simple transport solution like Segway. A Segway tour is really funny and grants a chance to see everything closer. We have no doubts you got interested in Stockholm tour with a Segway, aren’t you? Just take a look ten interesting facts about Segway and reserve a tour. And don’t underrate these facts we have prepared especially for you, all of them are very informative.
Ten amusing facts about Segway in Stockholm
- The Segway PT is a two-wheeled, battery-powered and self-balanced electric vehicle.
- Segway vehicle is invented an engineer Dean Kamen.
- The producer of the funky vehicle based on two wheels is Segway Inc. From The USA, New Hampshire.
- The strange name Segway comes of the word “Segue” meaning smooth transportation. And the PT is the abbreviation meaning Personal Transportation.
- Segway is equipped with smart electronics and engine located in its basic part, and that is the reason why Segway never loses its balance while it is turned on.
- The controls are more than simple – lean to the front to go to the front and lean back to move back, and that’s the deal!
- Having right balance, the Segway records all the changes in the distance and then maintains a matching speed, regulated by leaning forward or backward.
- Fluid-based leveling and gyroscopic sensors record the weight movement.
- And for launching it, one should press the handlebar to the left or right.
- Electric eco-friendly engine lets reach comfortable and safe speed up to 20 kph (12.5 mph).
A visit to Swedish capital is a very good opportunity to try Segway in action. You have no necessity in couch to master Segway, everything is very easy to understand and you will soon get how it works. However, right following the manual and putting a helmet is undoubtedly necessary.
Almost everyone is allowed to use Segway. A driver must be above 12 years to obtain the permission for a Segway ride and his weight should not exceed 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.