Ten Interesting Things About Segway Stockholm
Stockholm is one of the most inventive world capitals. Only interested people know that Stockholm is the capital where numerous innovations and trends were implemented. Trendy bars and fabulous restaurants, notable cafes, pubs all make this old city a favorite holiday destination for travelers from all over the world. There are many things making people delight Stockholm – beautiful nature, cityscape and pleasant environment. If you are looking for eco-friendly transport for exploring Stockholm you can choose Segway.
We believe that you are a sophisticated tourist who has discovered a great deal of world points of interest, however Segway tours around Stockholm will certainly become something totally new for you. Going by bus, train or any other kind of transport will hardly bring you such a pleasure as riding Segway in Stockholm.
One will highly appreciate the adventurous atmosphere of Stockholm. Stockholm offers all kinds of entertainment for the most picky guest. Royal Palace is the residential building for the Swedish royal family and a very convenient starting point. It will encourage you for discovering Stockholm. The next attraction site can be famous Skeppsholmen Island. This small piece of land lost among water was a military post but then evolved into a cultural center of Stockholm and Sweden.
Nearly all most popular buildings of the Swedish capital like Parliament House, City Hall and Royal Opera will be available in this tour. This trip will be much better with a mobile and easy-to-use transport like Segway. In a word, Segway is a fantastic alternative to strolling – you have the same access degree to everything but with much more speed and flexibility. We bet you got interested in a Segway tour, right? Check out those ten interesting facts about Segway and book a trip. Don’t hesitate and read our list of facts – you will learn a great deal of new details there.
10 surprising facts about the Segway Stockholm
- A Segway PT is a self-balanced personal transport that has 2 wheels and works on power batteries.
- The Stockholm Segway is invented by an American engineer Dean Kamen.
- This ground-breaking two-wheeled vehicle is designed and made by the Segway Inc. Located in New Hampshire.
- The specific name Segway was taken from the word Segue which means “able to drive smoothly”. PT stands for Personal Transportation.
- The “dark” secret of Segway’s incredible balance is tightly connected with computers and motor located in the lower main part of the machine. These smart electronics and motors make sure that the vehicle does not fall when you turn it on.
- The controls are incredibly simple – lean to the front to move forward and lean the body back to drive backwards, and that’s the deal!
- Having right balance, the Segway records all changes in the distance and then maintains the proper speed, regulated by leaning forward or backward.
- The leans are recorded by special gyroscoping and level sensors.
- Push the handlebar to the left or to the right to make Segway start.
- Electric eco-friendly engine is able to achieve impressive speed up to 12.5 mph (20 kph).
If you are going to come to Stockholm, don’t miss a chance to experience this unique trip. All in all, it is not that accessible in other countries and cities. You have no necessity in couch to master Segway, everything here is really simple and you will soon realize how it works. Anyway, proper following safety instructions and having a helmet is necessary all the time.
Nearly everyone has the right to use Segway. A user must be above 12 years to obtain permission for this trip and his or her maximum weight for this trip is 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.