10 Surprising Facts About Segway Stockholm
Fineness and ingenuity are the main characteristics of Stockholm. Very few people know Stockholm as the city where numerous innovations and trends were implemented. Stylish bars and luxurious restaurants, cozy cafes and pubs make this fascinating city a very desired holiday destination for the people of different parts of the world. Speaking about the things tourists adore we would like to mention very warm environment, exciting nature and great urbanscape. One of the main Stockholm attractions is the Segway, an ecologically harmless two wheeler that brings much pleasure when driving and makes the tour much funnier.
It’s really great that you are an experienced tourist who has discovered a great deal of world attractions, however Segway tours in beautiful Stockholm will certainly be something new for you. No other vehicle can substitute the feelings Segway gives.
Stockholm has incredible atmosphere of adventure and beauty. As a large and developed city Swedish capital has endless number of attractions sites and amusement opportunities. An awesome point to start your tour around Stockholm is the fabulous Royal palace. Skeppsholmen island with its unparalleled architecture, jazz music and museums will be a good choice for the next place to visit here in Stockholm.
In this tour, you will be able to see the Royal dramatic theatre, Parliament House, the Royal Opera, the City Hall, and the home where the Nobel Banquet is held which is the most popular building of the Stockholm. While preparing a plan of the tour, consider doing it by a Segway for better comfort. A Segway trip is very funny and grants a chance to see everything closer. We have no doubts you have got interested in a Segway tour, right? Check out those ten amusing facts about Segway and reserve a journey. And these facts will help you realize why this trip is so exciting and how can you enjoy it as well.
10 amusing facts about Stockholm Segway
- A Segway PT is a self-balanced personal transport which has 2 wheels and works on power batteries.
- The fame and popularity of the Segway inventor belong to Dean Kamen.
- This unique two-wheeled vehicle is manufactured by a company situated in New Hampshire – Segway Inc.
- The strange name Segway was built on the basis of the word “Segue” which means smooth moving. And the PT is the abbreviation of Personal Transportation.
- The “dark” secret of Segway’s perfect balance is tightly connected with computers and engine that are located in the lower part of the vehicle. These smart electronics and motors guarantee that Segway will not fall over when you turn it on.
- A user’s command is required to make Segway go to the front and it can be achieved by the shifting the weight forward. As for the backward you need to do exactly the same thing. But here you need to move the weight back to the platform.
- During the driving lean your body to the front or lean back to make speed higher or lower.
- Fluid leveling sensors and the gyroscopic sensors detect the weight shift.
- To make the first move press the handlebar – to the left or right.
- Electric eco-friendly engine lets have quite impressive speed up to 12.5 mph (20 kph).
A trip to Stockholm is a unique opportunity to check Segway in action. Segway is an ecologically friendly transport having such strong points like easiness, relatively high, but safe speed and self-intuitive controls. Anyway, proper following safety instructions and putting a helmet is absolutely necessary.
Almost everybody is allowed to drive Segway. A driver should be above 12 years to get permission for this ride and the weight should not exceed 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.