Ten Amusing Facts About Segway Stockholm
Glory and inventiveness are the most important characteristics of Stockholm. Very few people know that Stockholm is the city where a lot of inventions and trends appeared. Fantastic culture and fascinating history with charming restaurants and cafes make Stockholm a good place to visit. There are many things making visitors admire the capital of Sweden – charming nature, cityscape and pleasant atmosphere. One of the best attractions of Stockholm is the Segway, an ecologically harmless two wheeler that brings much pleasure when driving and makes your travel funnier.
Even if you have seen dozens of cities and countries and may have a great understanding of the nature beauties and man-made miracles, but Segway ride in Stockholm guarantees that you the unique experience. A bus or a train simply cannot substitute Segway with its mobility and convenience.
One will highly appreciate the atmosphere of adventure of Stockholm. As a large and up-to-date city Stockholm has endless number of attractions sites and amusement opportunities. You can begin your journey from the Royal palace known as the home of the royal family. It’s one of the most popular attractions of Europe. The next worthy site can be famous Skeppsholmen Island. It used to be a military post but later turned into a center of culture and arts of entire Stockholm.
This fantastic tour includes all famous Stockholm buildings, from Parliament House to Royal Opera. While preparing a plan of this trip, think about a Segway for better comfort. A Segway tour is really exciting and gives you a chance to see all the things closer. If you would like to read more information about Segway in Stockholm – take a look at the ten interesting Segway facts which will give you a better idea about the trip. Don’t hesitate and read the facts below – you will learn a lot of new information there.
10 amusing facts about Segway in Stockholm
- The Segway PT is a 2-wheeled, battery-powered vehicle with self-balance.
- Segway vehicle is invented by Dean Kamen.
- The funky vehicle maker is Segway Inc. From The USA, New Hampshire.
- The specific name Segway was obtained from the word Segue meaning “being able to move smoothly”. PT means Personal Transportation.
- The “dark” secret of Segway’s perfect balance is tightly connected with computers and motor located in the lower main part of the vehicle. These smart electronics and motors make sure that Segway will not lose balance when you turn it on.
- If you are afraid of Segway controls – relax, it’s really simple. Lean to the front or backwards and drive forward or backwards.
- Segway picks up the speed when you shift the weight forward and decreases the speed when you shift back.
- Fluid leveling sensors and the gyroscopic sensors notice the weight shift.
- Push the handlebar to the right or left to start driving.
- Electric engine lets have quite convenient speed up to 20 kph (12.5 mph).
If you are planning to go to Stockholm, don’t miss a chance to get pleasure from this awesome trip. All in all, it is not that popular in other countries and cities. You don’t need any expert to drive Segway, everything here is very easy to understand and you will soon realize how this fabulous vehicle works. Anyway, following the manual and wearing a helmet is undoubtedly necessary.
Almost everybody can drive Segway. A driver should be above twelve years to get permission for this trip and his or her maximum weight for this trip is 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.