10 Interesting Things About Segway Stockholm
Fineness and invention are the main characteristics of the Swedish capital. A lot of trends in arts technologies were invented here before they became popular worldwide. Fantastic culture and fascinating history together with stylish cafes and restaurants make Stockholm a worthy place to visit. There are many things making tourists admire the capital of Sweden – charming nature, townscape and pleasant atmosphere. Finally, there is a fantastic opportunity for discovering the city on a convenient and fast transport totally safe for the environment – Segway.
It’s really awesome that you are an experienced traveler who has been to a great deal of world points of interest, but Segway tours in Stockholm will certainly be something totally new for you. A car or a bus simply cannot replace Segway with its mobility and convenience.
One will definitely appreciate the adventurous atmosphere of Stockholm. As a large and developed city the capital of Sweden has endless number of points of interest and amusement facilities. You can begin the tour from the Royal palacewhich is famous home of the royal family. It’s one of the most well-known historic building of Europe. The next attraction site can be the Skeppsholmen Island. The island used to be a military base but later evolved into a cultural center of Stockholm and Sweden.
In this trip, you will be able to see Parliament House, the Royal Dramatic Theater, the Royal Opera, the City Hall, and the home of the Nobel Banquet which is the most famous building of the Stockholm. While preparing a plan of the Stockholm tour, you could choose a Segway for better convenience. A Segway tour is really exciting and gives you an opportunity to see all the things closer. If you wish to know more about Segway in Stockholm – take a look at the 10 interesting Segway facts that can give you a good idea about the tour. And don’t underrate these facts we have prepared especially for you, they are really informative.
10 surprising facts about Segway in Stockholm
- A Segway PT construction consists of power batteries, two wheels and technology of self balancing.
- The laurels of the inventor of Segway belong to an engineer from the USA Dean Kamen.
- This innovative 2-wheeled personal vehicle is produced by the Segway Inc. That is located in New Hampshire.
- The uncommon name Segway is derived from the word Segue which means “being able to go smoothly”. PT is explained as Personal Transportation.
- The secret of Segway’s unbelievable balance lies in computers and motor located in the lower main part of the machine. They make sure that the vehicle will not fall over when you turn it on.
- The controls are incredibly easy – lean forward to drive forward and lean the body back to go back, and that’s it!
- Segway speeds up when you shift the weight forward and decreases the speed when you lean backward.
- Fluid gyroscopic and leveling sensors detect the weight shift.
- And for launching it, the user should press the handlebar to the right or left.
- The highest speed Segway can have is 12.5 mph that is very convenient for urban driving.
If you are going to go to Stockholm, don’t miss a chance to experience this awesome Segway tour. All in all, it is not that accessible in other countries. You have no need teacher to drive Segway, everything is very simple and you will promptly get how it works. However, strict following all safety instructions and wearing a helmet is necessary all the time.
Nearly everyone is allowed to use Segway. Here are the requirements: a driver should be more than 12 years old and weigh not more than 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.