Ten Fascinating Facts About Segway Stockholm
Stockholm is one of the most inventive cities. Very few people know Stockholm as the capital where a lot of inventions and trends appeared. Outstanding cultural background and exciting history altogether with charming cafes and restaurants make Swedish capital a good place to come to. The friendly atmosphere and natural beauty of this city encourage visitors to come and to enjoy all the amazing attractions that make Stockholm admirable. If you are thinking about eco-friendly mean of transport for exploring Stockholm you can select Segway.
We believe that you are an experienced traveler who has been to a lot of world attractions, however tours with Segway around beautiful Stockholm will certainly be something new for you. A car or a bus simply cannot replace Segway with its simplicity and convenience.
Stockholm has exciting ambience of beauty and adventure. Here you will get all kinds of the entertaining things to make your tour enjoyable and interesting. You can begin your tour from the Royal palace, the home of the royal dynasty. It’s one of the most distinctive places of Europe. Skeppsholmen island with its exciting museums, jazz music and architecture will be a good choice for a second place to check here in Stockholm.
This amazing tour includes all memorable buildings of Stockholm, from Royal Opera to Parliament House. Segway is certainly the most sensible kind of transport for this tour. Going by a Segway is close to strolling with the only difference – you have higher speed. If you wish to learn more about Segway in Stockholm here are the ten interesting facts about the Segway which can give you a good glimpse about the trip. Don’t wait and check our list of facts – you will know tons of new things there.
10 surprising facts about Segway in Stockholm
- A Segway PT is a self-balanced vehicle which has a pair of wheels and works on power batteries.
- Dean Kamen from the USA is Segway inventor.
- This unique wheeled personal vehicle is produced by a company situated in New Hampshire and called Segway Inc.
- The unique name Segway has derived from the word “Segue” that means smooth movement. As for the PT it is the abbreviation meaning Personal Transportation.
- The secret of Segway’s unbelievable balance is tightly connected with computers and engine which are located in the lower main part of the machine. These smart electronics and motors make sure that Segway will not fall over when you turn it on.
- If you are afraid of Segway controls – relax, it’s really simple. Lean forward or to the back and move forward or backwards.
- Having right balance, the Segway detects the changes in the distance and then maintains a appropriate speed, regulated by moving forward or backward.
- The weight shifts are noticed by special level and gyroscopic sensors.
- And for starting in, one needs to press the handlebar to the right or left.
- The maximum speed Segway may reach is 12.5 miles per hour which is very convenient for driving in a street.
If you want to see and try Segway in real life – go to Stockholm. Segway is an eco-friendly vehicle which has such advantages like simplicity, convenient speed and user friendly controls. But try not to forget to use a helmet and to properly follow all safety instructions to be on the safe side.
Nearly everybody has the right to drive Segway. One should be above twelve years to get permission for such a journey and his weight should not exceed 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.