10 Amusing Things About Segway Stockholm
Stockholm is among of the most inventive cities. Very few people know Stockholm as the capital where many trends and innovations were implemented. Outstanding cultural heritage and rich history altogether with charming cafes and restaurants make Swedish capital a good place to come to. The friendly environment and natural beatiful of this place encourage people to get here and to enjoy all the great things that make Stockholm admirable. If you are searching for non-pollutant mean of transport for discovering Swedish capital you could choose Segway.
We believe that you are an experienced roadster who has seen a great deal of world points of interest, however Segway tours in Stockholm will definitely become something totally new for you. A bus or a car will never replace Segway with its mobility and convenience.
Stockholm is a city of glory and outstanding adventures. As a large and well developed city the capital of Sweden has endless number of points of interest and amusement opportunities. Royal Palace is the residential building for the Swedish royal family and a great beginning point. It will inspire you for exploring Stockholm. The next attraction site could be famous Skeppsholmen Island. It used to be a military base but later turned into a center of culture and arts of entire Stockholm.
Nearly all most significant buildings of the Swedish capital like Royal Opera, Parliament House and City Hall will be included in this tour. Segway is certainly the most sensible solution for this tour. A Segway trip is very exciting and grants a chance to see everything closer. We have made up 10 interesting facts about Segway. Such a list will definitely persuade you to make the right choice. Don’t think twice and check the facts below – you will learn a lot of new things there.
10 amusing things about Stockholm Segway
- A Segway PT construction consists of power batteries, a pair of wheels and self-balance technology.
- Dean Kamen from America is the Stockholm Segway inventor.
- The amazing vehicle maker is Segway Inc. From New Hampshire.
- The specific name Segway was obtained from the word Segue meaning “able to go smoothly”. PT means Personal Transportation.
- The computers and the motors used in the basic part of the machine makes the Segway upright all the time while the power is being used. Such a technology lets maintain the right balance of Segway.
- If you worry about Segway controls – relax, it’s very easy. Shift to the front or to the back and drive forward or backwards.
- Segway speeds up when you lean forward and decreases the speed when you do the opposite.
- Segway easily detects weight shifting with its sensors – level and gyroscopic.
- To make the initial move press the handlebar – to the right or left.
- The maximum speed Segway can reach is 12.5 mph which is very convenient for street driving.
If you have plans to go to Stockholm, use a great opportunity to experience this exclusive trip. Finally, it is not available in every corner. You have no necessity in an expert to master Segway, everything is very easy to understand and you will soon get how the vehicle works. But please don’t forget to wear a helmet and to properly follow all safety instructions to be on the safe side.
Segway is a machine allowed for nearly everybody with few limitations. Here are the requirements: a driver should be more than 12 years old and weigh not more than 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.