Ten Surprising Facts About Segway Stockholm
Stockholm is the capital of glory and innovation. A great deal of worldwide known hi-tech solutions and fashion trends born here. People from across the world come to Stockholm to explore its history, culture and trendy cafes, restaurants and bars. The warm environment and natural beauty of the capital encourage visitors to come here and to enjoy all the facilities and beauties making Stockholm admirable. At the last, there is an outstanding opportunity for discovering the city on a comfortable and fast vehicle which is absolutely safe for the environment – Segway.
It’s really awesome that you are a sophisticated roadster who has discovered an endless numer of world attraction sites, but Segway tours in Stockholm will definitely become something new for you. No other transport can compare to the feelings Segway gives.
Stockholm is a city of glory and outstanding adventures. Stockholm can offer all kinds of amusement facilities for every tourist. Royal Palace is the home for the royal family and a great starting point. It will encourage you for discovering Stockholm. The next waypoint could be famous Skeppsholmen Island. This small piece of land lost among water was a military base but then evolved into a cultural center of entire Stockholm.
This amazing tour includes in its route all famous Stockholm buildings, from Parliament House to Royal Opera. This trip will be much better with a fast and easy-to-use transport like Segway. To be brief, Segway is a great alternative to strolling – you have totally the same access degree to the points of interest but with much higher speed. We have made up 10 interesting facts about Segway. Such a list will certainly help you make the right choice. And don’t underrate these facts prepared especially for you, they are really useful and interesting.
10 surprising things about Segway in Stockholm
- A Segway PT design consists of power batteries, two wheels and technology of self balancing.
- The Stockholm Segway was invented an engineer Dean Kamen.
- The funky vehicle producer is Segway Inc. From The USA, New Hampshire.
- The name Segway has derived from the word “Segue” meaning smooth transportation. And the PT is the abbreviation of Personal Transportation.
- The motors and the processor placed into the base of the vehicle keeps the Segway upright when the power is turned on. It helps provide the balance of Segway.
- If you are afraid of Segway controls – please relax, everything is incredibly simple. Shift forward or backwards and drive forward or backwards.
- Segway picks up the speed when you lean forward and decreases the speed when you do the opposite.
- Segway notices weight shifting with its fluid sensors – gyroscopic and level.
- To make the first move you need to press the handlebar – to the left or right.
- The Segway PT can have the speed of 12.5 miles per hours and it is driven by the electric motors making any trip comfortable and easy.
If you want to see and try Segway in action – go to Stockholm. Another significant factor is that it is eco-friendly and handling it is very easy and a newbie can handle it without any problems. But don’t forget to put on a helmet and to properly follow all safety instructions to be on the safe side.
Segway is a vehicle allowed for nearly all with only few restrictions. A user needs to be above 12 years to obtain the permission for this ride and his weight should not exceed 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.