10 Amusing Things About Segway Stockholm
Fineness and ingenuity are the most important characteristics of Stockholm. A lot of worldwide popular modern solutions and fashion trends born here. Trendy bars and luxurious restaurants, notable cafes and pubs all make this old city a desired holiday destination for travelers from different parts of the world. The warm environment and natural beauty of the capital encourage visitors to come and to enjoy all the amazing attractions that make Stockholm admiring. Moreover, there is a great chance for discovering the capital on a comfortable and fast transport which is absolutely safe for the environment – Segway.
It’s really great that you are a sophisticated tourist who has discovered a great deal of world attraction sites, however Segway tours in Stockholm will definitely be something new for you. Going by train, bus and by any other source of public transport cannot satisfy you much like driving Segway in Stockholm.
Stockholm has unmatched ambience of beauty and adventure. Here you will get all kinds of the entertaining opportunities to make your trip enjoyable and exciting. Royal Palace is the residence for the Swedish royal family and a great starting point. It will encourage you for exploring Stockholm. The next waypoint could be famous Skeppsholmen Island. It was a military post but later evolved into a cultural center of Stockholm and Sweden.
Nearly all most famous buildings of the Swedish capital such as City Hall, Royal Opera and Parliament House will be available in this tour. While planning this Stockholm tour, think about a Segway for better speed and flexibility. Using a Segway is nearly equal to going on foot with one difference – you can move faster. If you wish to read more information about Segway in Stockholm – take a look at the ten funny facts about the Segway that can give you a better idea about the trip. And don’t undervalue the facts prepared especially for you, all of them are really informative.
Ten surprising facts about Segway in Stockholm
- The Segway PT is a 2-wheeled, battery-powered electric vehicle.
- Dean Kamen from the USA is Segway inventor.
- The maker of the funky vehicle based on two wheels is Segway Inc. From New Hampshire.
- The remarkable name Segway is derived from the word Segue meaning “able to go smoothly”. PT stands for Personal Transportation.
- The machine has engine and computers hidden in its base, and that is the reason why Segway never loses the balance when turned on.
- A user’s command is required to make Segway move forward and it can be achieved by the moving the weight forward. As for the backing one needs to do the same thing. But in this case you need to put the weight backward on the platform.
- During the driving lean your body to the front or lean back in order to increase or decrease speed.
- Fluid-based gyroscopic and leveling sensors record the weight shift.
- Push the handlebar to the right or left to start Segway.
- The maximum speed Segway may have is 20 kph and it is very convenient for street driving.
If you want to check Segway in real life – go to Stockholm. Another significant thing is that it is absolutely eco-friendly and when it comes to handling it is very easy so that a complete newbie can use it without much difficulties. A helmet and acting according to safety instructions have great importance in all cases.
Almost everybody has the right to drive Segway. One should be above twelve years to obtain the permission for this journey and the maximum weight for this trip is 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.