Ten Fascinating Things About Segway Stockholm
Stockholm is the capital of beauty and innovation. Very few people know that Stockholm is the city where numerous inventions and trends appeared. Guests from different countries come to Stockholm to explore its historical heritage, culture and, of course, trendy restaurants, bars and cafes. There are lots of things making tourists delight the capital of Sweden – beautiful nature, cityscape and pleasant environment. Finally, there is a fantastic opportunity for discovering Stockholm on a comfortable and fast transport which is absolutely harmless for the environment – Segway.
Even if you have travelled dozens of cities and countries and might have experienced the beauties of nature and human creation, but Stockholm Segway guarantees you the unique experience. No other kind of transport is able to replace the pleasure Segway can give.
Stockholm is a city of beauty and adventure. Stockholm can offer kinds of amusement facilities for absolutely every guest. Royal Palace is the residence for the “royal blood” and a good starting point. It will inspire you for exploring Stockholm. The next attraction site could be the Skeppsholmen Island. This small piece of land lost among water was a military post but then turned into a cultural center of entire Stockholm.
This fantastic tour includes all memorable Stockholm buildings, from Parliament House to Royal Opera. While preparing a plan of this trip, consider doing it by a Segway for better comfort. To be brief, Segway is a great alternative to going on foot – you have the same access to the points of interest but with much more speed and mobility. We bet you got interested in a Segway tour, right? Check those ten cool facts regarding Segway and book a tour. And don’t underrate the facts we’ve prepared for you, they all are really informative.
Ten amusing things about Stockholm Segway
- A Segway PT is an electric self balanced vehicle which has 2 wheels and uses power batteries.
- The fame and popularity of the Segway inventor belong to an engineer from the USA Dean Kamen.
- The manufacturer of the incredible vehicle with 2 wheels is Segway Inc. From New Hampshire.
- The word “Segue” acted as a root for the uncommon name Segway. “Segue” is a word meaning “smooth transporting”. PT is nothing more but a short form of Personal Transportation.
- The machine is equipped with smart electronics and motor hidden in its base, and that is why Segway does not lose the balance when it is turned on.
- A user’s action is necessary for making Segway go to the front and it can be achieved by the putting the weight to the front. As for the backward one needs to do the same thing. But here you have to move the weight back to the platform.
- Having right balance, the Segway notices the changes in the meters and then maintains a matching speed, regulated by moving forward or backward.
- Fluid-based leveling sensors and the gyroscopic sensors notice the weight movement.
- Push the handlebar to the left or to the right to launch Segway.
- The highest possible speed Segway can achieve is 12.5 mph which is incredibly convenient for driving in a street.
If you are going to go to Stockholm, try to experience this exclusive trip. All in all, it is not that accessible in other countries. One more significant thing is that it is eco-friendly and controlling it is very easy so that a beginner can handle it without much problems. However, right following instructions and wearing a helmet is necessary all the time.
Almost everyone is allowed to use Segway. One should be above twelve years to get permission for such a trip and the maximum weight for this trip is 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.