10 Fascinating Things About Segway Stockholm
Fineness and inventiveness are the most known characteristics of Stockholm. Only interested people know Stockholm as the capital where many innovations and trends appeared. Guests from different countries visit Stockholm to enjoy its history, cultural background and trendy cafes, bars and restaurants. There are many things making visitors admire Stockholm – beautiful nature, cityscape and pleasant ambience. Finally, there is an outstanding opportunity for exploring the capital on a comfortable and fast transport totally safe for the environment – Segway.
We believe that you are an experienced roadster who has discovered an endless numer of world attractions, however tours with Segway in beautiful Stockholm will definitely become something new for you. Going by bus, train and by any other kind of transportation will hardly satisfy you much like riding Segway in Stockholm.
You will definitely appreciate the adventurous ambience of Stockholm. Here you will easily find all kinds of the entertaining things to make your trip enjoyable and exciting. An awesome place to start your tour around Stockholm is the magnificent Royal palace. Skeppsholmen island with all its exciting architecture, jazz music and museums will be a good choice for a second place to visit here in Stockholm.
This fantastic trip includes in its route all significant buildings of Stockholm, from Parliament House to Royal Opera. Such a trip needs a mobile and easy-to-use vehicle like Segway. A Segway trip is very funny and gives you a chance to see everything closer. If you would like to learn more information about Segway in Stockholm – check out the 10 surprising facts about the Segway which can give you a good idea about the tour. And don’t undervalue these facts we have prepared especially for you, they are really informative.
10 surprising things about Stockholm Segway
- The Segway PT is a 2-wheeled, battery-powered and self-balanced electric vehicle.
- The popularity and fame of the Segway inventor belong to an engineer from the USA Dean Kamen.
- This unique wheeled personal vehicle is manufactured by a company located in New Hampshire – Segway Inc.
- The word “Segue” acted as a source for the uncommon name Segway. “Segue” is a noun and a synonym of “smooth transporting”. PT is simply a short form of Personal Transportation.
- The computers and the motors put in the base of the machine makes the Segway vertical when the power is on. That helps maintain the right balance of the vehicle.
- If you feel fear about Segway controls – relax, everything is very simple. Lean to the front or backwards and drive forward or backwards.
- Segway speeds up when you lean forward and decreases the speed when you shift back.
- The weight shifts are detected by high-tech leveling and gyroscopic sensors.
- And for making it run, the user needs to press the handlebar to the right or left.
- Electric eco-friendly engine can achieve comfortable and safe speed up to 20 kph (12.5 mph).
A journey to Swedish capital is a good chance to try Segway on practice. Another significant factor is that it is absolutely eco-friendly and handling it is very easy and a total beginner can handle it without any difficulties. A helmet and acting according to safety instructions have incredible importance in all cases.
Segway trip is allowed for all with few limitations. A driver should be above twelve years to obtain the permission for this trip and his maximum weight for this trip is 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.