Ten Interesting Facts About Segway Stockholm
Beauty and ingenuity are the most known characteristics of the Swedish capital. All trends in arts technologies appeared here before they became popular globally. Stylish bars and luxurious restaurants, nice cafes, pubs all make this old city a desired holiday destination for tourists from all over the world. The friendly environment and natural look of this city encourage tourists to get here and to enjoy all the great things making Stockholm admiring. At the last, there is a fantastic chance for discovering the city on a convenient and fast transport which is absolutely safe for the environment – Segway.
It’s really awesome that you are a sophisticated tourist who has been to a great deal of world attractions, however tours with Segway around beautiful Stockholm will certainly become something totally new for you. No other transport can compare to the emotions Segway can give.
Stockholm is a center of beauty and outstanding adventures. Stockholm has all types of entertainment for absolutely every guest. You can begin your journey from the Royal palace known as the home of the royal family. It’s one of the most popular places of the old world. From the royal home, you can go towards the Skeppsholmen island, a small piece of land long ago used to be a military post of the Swedish fleet, but now it is located in the center of Stockholm.
Nearly all most significant buildings of the Swedish capital like Royal Opera, Parliament House and City Hall will be included in this tour. Segway is undoubtedly the most reasonable solution for such a trip. To be brief, Segway is a great alternative to going on foot – you have exactly the same access level to the points of interest but with much more speed and flexibility. If you wish to know more information about Segway in Stockholm here are the 10 interesting facts about the Segway which will give you an idea about the tour. Don’t think twice and check the facts – you will learn a great deal of new details there.
10 amusing facts about Stockholm Segway
- A Segway PT design includes power batteries, two wheels and technology of self balancing.
- The Stockholm Segway was invented by Dean Kamen.
- This creative two-wheeled personal vehicle is manufactured by a company located in New Hampshire – Segway Inc.
- The name Segway comes of the word “Segue” meaning smooth motion. As for the PT it is the abbreviation of Personal Transportation.
- Segway has smart electronics and engine hidden in its basic part, and that is the reason why Segway does not lose its balance while it is turned on.
- A user’s command is necessary for making Segway go forward and it can be done by the moving the weight forward. As for the backward you need to do the same thing. But in this case you have to move the weight back to the platform.
- Having right balance, the Segway detects the changes in the meters and then sets a appropriate speed, regulated by leaning forward or backward.
- The weight shifts are recorded by high-tech level and gyroscopic sensors.
- And for making it run, one needs to press the handlebar to the right or left.
- The maximum speed Segway can achieve is 20 kph which is incredibly convenient for driving in a street.
If you are planning to come to Stockholm, use a great opportunity to get pleasure from this exclusive Segway trip. All in all, it is not that popular in other parts of the world. One more important thing is that it is absolutely eco-friendly and using it is very easy and simple and a beginner can handle it without much difficulties. A special helmet and acting according to safety instructions have great importance anyway.
Nearly everyone can use Segway. A user should be above 12 years of age to get permission for a Segway ride and his maximum weight for this trip is 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.