10 Surprising Things About Segway Stockholm
Current Time in Stockholm
Stockholm is the city of beauty and invention. A great deal of worldwide known modern solutions and culture trends born here. Incredible cultural background and rich history altogether with trendy restaurants and cafes make Stockholm a great place to come to. Speaking about the things that tourists adore we should mention pleasant ambience, amazing nature and fine city views. One of the main attractions of Stockholm is the Segway, an ecologically harmless two wheeler that brings much pleasure when driving and makes your travel funnier.
We believe that you are an experienced roadster who has been to an endless numer of world points of interest, but Segway tours in Stockholm will definitely become something totally new for you. Going by bus, train and by any other source of transportation will hardly bring you such a pleasure as using Segway Stockholm.
You will highly appreciate the spirit of adventure of Stockholm. As a big and modern city Stockholm has a great number attractions sites and entertainment facilities. You can begin the tour from the Royal palace known as the home of the royal dynasty. It’s one of the most well-known places of Europe. From the royal palace, you can get to the Skeppsholmen island, a small piece of land long ago used to be a military base of the Swedish fleet, but now it is situated in the heart of Stockholm.
This fantastic trip includes in its route all significant Stockholm buildings, from Royal Opera to Parliament House. Such a tour will be more convenient with a flexible and simple transport like Segway. A Segway trip is very amusing and grants a chance to see the things closer. We have prepared ten interesting facts about Segway. Such a list will definitely convince you to choose the right option. And don’t undervalue the facts we have prepared especially for you, all of them are really informative.
Ten surprising facts about the Segway Stockholm
- The Segway PT is a two-wheeled, battery-powered and self-balanced electric vehicle.
- Segway vehicle is invented by an American engineer Dean Kamen.
- The brilliant vehicle maker is Segway Inc. From New Hampshire.
- The specific word Segway is derived from the word Segue meaning “able to transport smoothly”. PT means Personal Transportation.
- The electronics and the motors put into the base of the machine makes the Segway vertical while the power is being used. That lets maintain the balance of Segway.
- A user’s action is necessary for making Segway go forward and it can be achieved by the shifting the weight to the front. As for the reverse one needs to do exactly the same thing. But in this case you need to shift the weight back to the platform.
- Segway speeds up when you lean forward and lowers it when you shift back.
- Segway easily detects weight shifts with its fluid-based sensors – gyroscopic and level.
- Press the handlebar to the left or right to start Segway.
- The maximum speed Segway can have is 20 kph which is incredibly convenient for street driving.
If you are going to go to Stockholm, don’t miss a chance to experience this exclusive trip. Finally, it is not available in every corner. One more significant thing is that it is eco-friendly and driving it is very easy and a beginner can use it without any difficulty. However, proper following instructions and having a helmet is necessary all the time.
There are very few limitations regarding Segway use. A driver should be above 12 years of age to get permission for a Segway journey and the weight should not exceed 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.