Ten Fascinating Facts About Segway Stockholm
Beauty and ingenuity are the most known characteristics of the Swedish capital. A lot of trends in fashion, music, technologies appeared here before becoming popular globally. Fantastic culture and fascinating history with charming restaurants and cafes make Swedish capital a worthy place to come to. The friendly atmosphere and natural beatiful of this place encourage tourists to get here and to enjoy all the amazing attractions making Stockholm admiring. Moreover, there is an outstanding chance for discovering the capital on a comfortable and fast vehicle which is absolutely safe for the environment – Segway.
You might have seen dozens of cities and countries and may have experienced the beauties of nature and human creation, but when it comes to Segway Stockholm you the unique experience. Travelling by bus, train and by any other kind of transportation will hardly bring you such a pleasure as moving by Segway in Stockholm.
Stockholm is a center of beauty and adventure. As a large and up-to-date city Stockholm has numerous attractions sites and entertainment opportunities. Royal Palace is the residence for the “royal blood” and a great starting point. It will inspire you for discovering Stockholm. The next worthy site can be famous Skeppsholmen Island. This small piece of land lost among water used to be a military base but later evolved into a cultural center of Stockholm and Sweden.
This fantastic trip includes in its route all memorable buildings of Stockholm, from Royal Opera to Parliament House. This trip will be more convenient with a flexible and simple vehicle like Segway. A Segway trip is very exciting and gives you an opportunity to see all the things closer. We have ten interesting facts about Segway. Such a list will certainly convince you to choose the right option. And our facts will help you better understand why this Stockholm tour is so interesting and you will love it.
Ten interesting facts about the Segway Stockholm
- A Segway PT design consists of power batteries, two wheels and self-balance technology.
- Dean Kamen from the USA is Segway inventor.
- This innovative two-wheeled vehicle is designed and made by the Segway Inc. Situated in New Hampshire.
- The word “Segue” acted as a root for that outstanding name Segway. “Segue” is a word meaning “smooth transporting”. PT is simply an abbreviation for Personal Transportation.
- The processors and the motors placed in the base of the machine makes the Segway upright when the power is turned on. Such a technology lets provide the balance of Segway.
- The controls are super easy – lean forward to drive forward and lean the body back to move backwards, and that’s it!
- Having right balance, the Segway records the changes in the meters and then maintains a matching speed, regulated by leaning forward or backward.
- Fluid-based leveling and gyroscopic sensors detect the weight shift.
- And for starting in, one needs to press the handlebar to the left or right.
- Electric motor lets achieve impressive speed up to 12.5 mph (20 kph).
A journey to Stockholm is a great opportunity to try Segway on practice. Segway is an eco-friendly vehicle which has such benefits like easiness, convenient speed and user friendly controls. But try not to forget to use a helmet and to follow all safety instructions to avoid unneeded risk.
There are only very few restrictions regarding Segway usage. A user must be above 12 years to get permission for such a journey and the weight must be less than 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.