Ten Astonishing Facts About Segway Stockholm
Glory and ingenuity are the most known characteristics of the Swedish capital. All trends in fashion, music, technologies were invented here before they got popular in the world. Cool bars and high-class restaurants, notable cafes, pubs all make this historic city a very desired holiday destination for travelers from all over the world. The warm atmosphere and natural beatiful of this place encourage visitors to come and to enjoy all the facilities and beauties that make Stockholm admiring. If you are searching for eco-friendly mean of transport for discovering Swedish capital you could take Segway.
It’s really great that you are an experienced traveler who has discovered a lot of world points of interest, but Segway tours in Stockholm will certainly become something totally new for you. Travelling by train, bus and by any other source of transport cannot satisfy you much like driving Segway in Stockholm.
You will certainly appreciate the adventurous ambience of Stockholm. As a big and well developed city Swedish capital has numerous attractions sites and amusement opportunities. The best point to start your walk around Stockholm is worldwide known Royal palace. From the royal palace, you can move towards the Skeppsholmen island, one of the smallest islands long ago used to be a naval point of Sweden, but now it is situated in the heart of Stockholm.
Almost all most popular buildings of Stockholm like Royal Opera, Parliament House and City Hall will be present in this tour. This tour will be more convenient with a fast and easy-to-use vehicle like Segway. To be brief, Segway is a great alternative to hiking – you have totally the same access to all attractions but with much higher speed. We have made up ten cool facts about Segway. They will definitely persuade you to make the right choice. And don’t underrate the facts we’ve prepared for you, all of them are very useful and interesting.
10 interesting things about the Segway Stockholm
- The Segway PT is a 2-wheeled, battery-powered electric vehicle.
- The Stockholm Segway is invented by Dean Kamen.
- This ingenious 2-wheeled device is designed and made by the Segway Inc. That is situated in New Hampshire.
- The remarkable word Segway is derived from the word Segue meaning “able to move smoothly”. PT stands for Personal Transportation.
- The secret of Segway’s perfect balance is connected to computers and engine located in the bottom main part of the machine. They guarantee that Segway will not fall when you turn it on.
- The controls are super simple – lean forward to drive to the front and lean the body back to move backwards, that’s it!
- While balancing, the Segway notices the changes in the distance and then adjusts a matching speed, controled by moving forward or backward.
- The weight shifts are noticed by special gyroscoping and leveling sensors.
- To make the initial move you need to press the handlebar – to the left or right.
- Electric motor is able to achieve incredible speed up to 12.5 mph (20 kph).
If you have plans to go to Stockholm, don’t miss a chance to experience this unique Segway tour. All in all, it is not available in other countries and cities. Another important thing is that Segway is absolutely eco-friendly and controlling it is very easy so that a newbie can handle it without any problems. A special helmet and following safety instructions have incredible importance anyway.
Almost everyone is allowed to use Segway. A user needs to be above 12 years to obtain the permission for such a ride and his or her maximum weight for this trip is 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.