Ten Surprising Things About Segway Stockholm
Glory and ingenuity are the main characteristics of the Swedish capital. A great deal of worldwide popular up-to-date technologies and culture trends born here. Incredible cultural heritage and rich history with trendy cafes and restaurants make Stockholm a good place to come to. There are lots of things making visitors admire the capital of Sweden – charming nature, cityscape and pleasant atmosphere. If you are searching for eco-friendly transport for exploring Stockholm you can select Segway.
We believe that you are an experienced tourist who has discovered an endless numer of world points of interest, but Segway tours around beautiful Stockholm will certainly be something totally new for you. No other kind of transport can substitute the feelings Segway can give.
Stockholm is a center of beauty and adventure. Here you will find all the entertaining facilities to make your travel enjoyable and interesting. Royal Palace is the residence for the royal family and a very convenient beginning point. It will encourage you for discovering Stockholm. Skeppsholmen island with all its unparalleled museums, architecture and jazz music will be a good choice for the next place to see in Stockholm.
Nearly all most important buildings of Stockholm like City Hall, Royal Opera and Parliament House will be available in this tour. This tour requires a mobile and easy-to-use transport solution like Segway. To be brief, Segway is a fantastic alternative to walking – you have the same access level to the points of interest but with much higher speed. If you wish to learn more about Segway in Stockholm – check out the ten interesting Segway facts that can give you a better glimpse about the tour. And these facts will make you understand why this trip is so exciting and how can you enjoy it as well.
10 amusing things about Stockholm Segway
- A Segway PT is an electric self balanced vehicle that has a pair of wheels and works on power batteries.
- The Stockholm Segway is invented by Dean Kamen.
- This unique wheeled vehicle is produced by a company located in New Hampshire and called Segway Inc.
- The word “Segue” was taken as a source for that very unusual name Segway. “Segue” is a noun and a synonym of “smooth transporting”. PT is simply an abbreviation for Personal Transportation.
- The computers and the motors used in the basic part of the machine keeps the Segway vertical while the power is on. That lets provide the balance of Segway.
- The controls are more than easy – lean to the front to move to the front and lean the body back to move back, and that’s it!
- During the ride lean to the front or lean back to increase or decrease speed.
- The leans are detected by special level and gyroscopic sensors.
- And for launching it, one needs to press the handlebar to the right or left.
- The highest possible speed Segway may have is 20 kph and it is incredibly convenient for urban driving.
If you are going to go to Stockholm, use a great opportunity to get pleasure from this awesome Segway trip. Finally, it is not that accessible in other parts of the world. You have no necessity in an expert to drive Segway, everything here is really easy to understand and you will promptly get how the vehicle works. But remember to put on a helmet and to follow all safety instructions to avoid unwanted risk.
Nearly everybody can use Segway. A user should be above twelve years of age to get permission for such a trip and his or her weight should not exceed 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.