10 Fascinating Facts About Segway Stockholm
Stockholm is the city of charm and innovation. A lot of globally known hi-tech solutions and fashion trends born here. Outstanding cultural heritage and exciting history altogether with trendy restaurants and cafes make Swedish capital a great place to visit. The friendly atmosphere and natural look of this place encourage tourists to come and to enjoy all the facilities and beauties making Stockholm admiring. If you are searching for eco-friendly transport for discovering Swedish capital you could select Segway.
You might have been to many cities and might have experienced the nature beauties and human creation, but when it comes to Segway Stockholm you the unique experience. Travelling by train, bus or any other source of public transport will hardly bring you such a pleasure as riding Segway in Stockholm.
Stockholm is a capital of glory and outstanding adventures. As a large and up-to-date city Stockholm has numerous attractions and entertainment opportunities. A great point to begin your travel around Stockholm is the fabulous Royal palace. Skeppsholmen island with all its unparalleled museums, jazz music and architecture will a good option as the next attraction site to check here in Stockholm.
During this tour, you will see Parliament House, the Royal Dramatic Theater, the Royal Opera, the City Hall, and the place where the Nobel Banquet is held that is the most known building of the Stockholm. Segway is certainly the best solution for this trip. To be brief, Segway is a great alternative to strolling – you have exactly the same access to everything but with much more speed and mobility. We have 10 cool facts about Segway. Such a list will definitely convince you to make the right choice. And the facts below will make you better understand why this Stockholm tour is so exciting and why you will 100% enjoy it.
10 amusing facts about Segway in Stockholm
- A Segway PT is an electric and eco-friendly transport which has 2 wheels and uses power batteries.
- Segway vehicle was invented by an American engineer Dean Kamen.
- This creative wheeled rolling machine is made by a company located in New Hampshire and called Segway Inc.
- The uncommon word Segway is derived from the word Segue which means “being able to transport smoothly”. PT stands for Personal Transportation.
- The machine has motors and computers hidden in its base, and that is the reason why Segway never loses its balance when turned on.
- If you feel fear about Segway controls – relax, it’s really simple. Shift to the front or to the back and thus drive forward or backwards.
- While balancing, the Segway notices all changes in the meters and then sets the appropriate speed, regulated by moving forward or backward.
- Fluid gyroscopic and leveling sensors record the weight shift.
- Push the handlebar to the right or left to make Segway start.
- The highest speed Segway can reach is 20 kph that is really convenient for driving in a street.
If you are going to come to Stockholm, try to experience this unique Segway trip. Finally, it is not available in other parts of the world. You have no necessity in any expert to drive Segway, everything here is really easy to understand and you will quickly get how this fabulous vehicle works. A special helmet and following safety instructions are very important in all cases.
Segway is a machine allowed for nearly everybody with only few restrictions. A driver should be above twelve years to obtain the permission for this ride and his or her weight should not exceed 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.