10 Fascinating Things About Segway Stockholm
Stockholm is the capital of beauty and innovation. All trends in music, fashion, design, innovations were invented in this city before becoming popular worldwide. Tourists from across the world visit Stockholm to see its historical heritage, cultural background and, of course, trendy cafes, restaurants and bars. There are many things making guests admire the capital of Sweden – charming nature, townscape and friendly ambience. One of the main attractions of Stockholm is the Segway, an ecologically harmless 2-wheel transport that brings much pleasure when driving and makes a lot of fun while travelling.
It’s really awesome that you are a sophisticated tourist who has discovered an endless numer of world points of interest, but tours with Segway around Stockholm will certainly be something new for you. Moving by train, bus or any other kind of transportation cannot bring you such a pleasure as going by Segway in Stockholm.
Stockholm has inimitable ambience of adventure and beauty. Here you will find all the entertaining opportunities to make your tour enjoyable and exciting. An awesome point to begin your walk around Stockholm is worldwide known Royal palace. The next attraction site could be the Skeppsholmen Island. It used to be a military base but then evolved into a center of culture and arts of Stockholm and Sweden.
During this tour, you will see Parliament House, the Royal Dramatic Theater, City Hall, the Royal Opera, and the place of the Nobel Banquet that is the most famous building of the Stockholm. Segway is certainly the best mean of transport for such a trip. Moving by a Segway is nearly equal to strolling with the only difference – you can move faster. We bet you are now interested in Stockholm tour with a Segway, right? Just take a look those ten cool facts about Segway and book a journey. And don’t underestimate the facts we’ve prepared for you, all of them are really useful and interesting.
10 surprising things about Stockholm Segway
- A Segway PT construction includes power batteries, a pair of wheels and self-balancing technology.
- Dean Kamen from America is the Stockholm Segway inventor.
- This creative two-wheeled vehicle is produced by a company situated in New Hampshire and called Segway Inc.
- The unique name Segway has derived from the word “Segue” meaning smooth moving. And the PT is the abbreviation of Personal Transportation.
- Segway has motor and electronics hidden in its main part, and this is why Segway never loses the balance when turned on.
- A user’s command is necessary for making Segway move to the front and it can be done by the putting the weight to the front. As for the reverse one needs to do exactly the same thing. But here you need to put the weight backward on the platform.
- During the ride lean to the front or to the back to make speed higher or lower.
- Fluid-based leveling sensors and the gyroscopic sensors detect the weight shift.
- And for launching Segway, one should press the handlebar to the left or to the right.
- Electric eco-friendly engine allows to reach impressive speed up to 20 kph (12.5 mph).
A travel to Swedish capital is a unique opportunity to try Segway on practice. You don’t need couch to master Segway, everything here is very easy to understand and you will promptly get how the vehicle works. A helmet and following safety instructions have incredible importance anyway.
Segway is a vehicle allowed for almost everybody with few restrictions. One needs to be above twelve years to obtain permission for this ride and the weight should not exceed 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.