Ten Amusing Things About Segway Stockholm
Stockholm is among of the most resourceful cities. A lot of trends in fashion, music, innovations, design appeared here before they became popular worldwide. Cool bars and high-class restaurants, notable cafes, pubs make this fascinating city a favorite holiday destination for travelers from different parts of the world. Speaking about the things people love we would like to mention very warm ambience, amazing nature and great urbanscape. One of the major attractions of Stockholm is the Segway, an ecologically harmless 2-wheel transport that creates a special feeling and makes a lot of fun while travelling.
It’s really great that you are a sophisticated roadster who has discovered a great deal of world points of interest, however Segway tours in beautiful Stockholm will definitely become something totally new for you. Travelling by train, bus or any other kind of transportation will not bring you such a pleasure as moving by Segway in Stockholm.
You will definitely appreciate the adventurous atmosphere of Stockholm. Here you will get all the entertaining opportunities to make your travel enjoyable and exciting. Royal Palace is the residential building for the “royal blood” and a great beginning point. It will encourage you for discovering Stockholm. The next waypoint can be the Skeppsholmen Island. It used to be a military post but then became a center of culture and arts of Stockholm and Sweden.
Almost all most important buildings of Stockholm like Parliament House, City Hall and Royal Opera will be available in this tour. Segway is definitely the best kind of transport for this tour. Moving by a Segway is nearly equal to going on foot with the only difference – you have higher speed. We have no doubts you have got interested in Stockholm tour with a Segway, right? Check out ten interesting facts about Segway and reserve a journey. And don’t underrate these facts we’ve prepared for you, they all are very informative.
10 amusing things about the Segway Stockholm
- A Segway PT design includes power batteries, two wheels and technology of self balancing.
- The Stockholm Segway was invented by Dean Kamen.
- This innovative two-wheeled personal vehicle is manufactured by the Segway Inc. That is located in New Hampshire.
- The word “Segue” acted as a root for that uncommon name Segway. “Segue” is a noun and a synonym of “smooth transporting”. PT is simply an abbreviation for Personal Transportation.
- The electronics and the engine that are placed into the base of the vehicle makes the Segway upright when the power is being used. That helps maintain the right balance of the vehicle.
- The controls are incredibly simple – lean forward to drive to the front and lean the body back to go backwards, and that’s it!
- Segway speeds up when you lean forward and decreases the speed when you do the opposite.
- Segway notices weight shifting with its sensors – leveling and gyroscopic.
- And for starting in, the driver needs to press the handlebar to the right or left.
- The Segway PT is able to have the speed of 12.5 miles in an hour and it is driven by the electric engine making any trip easy and comfortable.
A journey to Swedish capital is a unique opportunity to check Segway in action. You don’t need teacher to master Segway, everything here is very simple and you will promptly have a hunch on how the vehicle works. A special helmet and safety instructions have great importance anyway.
Segway is a vehicle allowed for nearly everybody with some restrictions. One needs to be above twelve years to obtain the permission for a Segway journey and his or her maximum weight for this trip is 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.