10 Amusing Facts About Segway Stockholm
Stockholm is the city of charm and resourcefullness. A lot of trends in fashion, music, design, innovations appeared in this city before becoming popular in the world. Incredible culture and rich history altogether with trendy cafes and restaurants make Stockholm a great place to visit. Speaking about the things tourists adore we should mention pleasant environment, amazing nature and great views. One of the major Stockholm attractions is the Segway, an ecologically harmless two wheeler that helps you move fast and makes a lot of fun while travelling.
It’s really awesome that you are an experienced traveler who has discovered a lot of world attractions, however tours with Segway around beautiful Stockholm will certainly become something new for you. A bus or a car are unable to substitute Segway with its impressive flexibility and comfort.
You will certainly appreciate the spirit of adventure of Stockholm. Here you will find all the entertaining opportunities to make your tour enjoyable and exciting. Royal Palace is the home for the royal family and a good beginning point. It will encourage you for further exploring Stockholm. From the royal palace, you can get to the Skeppsholmen island, a small piece of land used to be a military post of Sweden, but now it is located in the center of Stockholm.
This fantastic tour includes all significant buildings of Stockholm, from Parliament House to Royal Opera. This trip will be much better with a fast and easy-to-use transport like Segway. In a word, Segway is a fantastic alternative to walking – you have totally the same access to everything but with much higher speed. We have ten interesting facts about Segway. They will definitely help you make the right choice. And our facts will make you realize why this trip is so easy and why you will 100% enjoy it.
10 amusing things about Segway in Stockholm
- A Segway PT construction consists of power batteries, a pair of wheels and self-balancing technology.
- The fame and popularity of the inventor of Segway belong to Dean Kamen.
- This creative two-wheeled rolling machine is made by a company located in New Hampshire – Segway Inc.
- The name Segway was built on the basis of the word “Segue” that means smooth movement. And the PT is the abbreviation of Personal Transportation.
- The computers and the engine used in the base of the vehicle makes the Segway upright when the power is being used. It helps provide the right balance of Segway.
- A user’s command is necessary for making Segway move forward and it can be achieved by the shifting the weight to the front. As for the backing you need to do the same thing. But here you need to move the weight back to the platform.
- During the driving shift to the front or lean back in order to increase or decrease speed.
- Segway easily detects weight shifts with its fluid-based sensors – leveling and gyroscopic.
- To make the initial move press the handlebar – to the right or left.
- The highest speed Segway can have is 20 kph that is really convenient for urban driving.
If you wish to try Segway in real life – go to Stockholm. One more important factor is that it is absolutely eco-friendly and when it comes to handling it is very easy so that a complete newbie can handle it without much difficulties. However, proper following safety instructions and wearing a helmet is absolutely necessary.
Segway is a machine allowed for all with some limitations. A driver must be above twelve years to get the permission for this journey and his weight should not exceed 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.