Ten Interesting Facts About Segway Stockholm
Stockholm is among of the most inventive world capitals. All trends in arts technologies were invented in this city before they became popular globally. Fantastic cultural heritage and exciting history together with charming restaurants and cafes make Stockholm a great place to visit. Talking about the things that people appreciate we would like to mention very warm ambience, exciting nature and fine city views. One of the main Stockholm attractions is the Segway, an ecologically harmless 2-wheel transport that creates a special feeling and makes the tour much funnier.
Even the tourists with rich and long experience and a great number of discovered places will be amazed with the Segway tour around Stockholm. No other kind of transport is able to replace the pleasure Segway gives.
One will definitely appreciate the sense of adventure of Stockholm. Stockholm has absolutely any kind of entertainment for absolutely every tourist. Royal Palace is the residence for the Swedish royal family and a very convenient starting point. It will inspire you for further exploring Stockholm. The next attraction site can be famous Skeppsholmen Island. The island was a military post but then turned into a center of culture and arts of entire Stockholm.
This fantastic tour includes all memorable buildings of Stockholm, from Royal Opera to Parliament House. Segway is undoubtedly the best kind of transport for such a trip. Moving by a Segway is close to going on foot with the only difference – you have higher speed. If you wish to learn more about Segway in Stockholm here are the ten surprising Segway facts which can give you a better glimpse about the trip. And don’t underestimate these facts prepared especially for you, they all are really informative.
10 surprising things about the Segway Stockholm
- The Segway PT is a two-wheeled, battery-powered electric vehicle.
- The fame and popularity of the inventor of Segway belong to an engineer from the USA Dean Kamen.
- This creative wheeled rolling machine is made by a company basing in New Hampshire – Segway Inc.
- The unique name Segway has derived from the word “Segue” meaning smooth motion. And the PT is the abbreviation meaning Personal Transportation.
- The motors and the processor used in the base of the machine makes the Segway upright when the power is turned on. It helps maintain the balance of Segway.
- If you worry about Segway controls – relax, it’s incredibly easy. Lean to the front or backwards and go forward or backwards.
- Segway picks up the speed when you shift the weight forward and decreases the speed when you lean backward.
- Fluid-based leveling sensors and the gyroscopic sensors notice the weight shift.
- Push the handlebar to the left or right to make Segway start.
- The Segway PT can reach the speed of 12.5 mph and it is driven by the electric engine making the street tour comfortable, safe and easy.
A journey to Swedish capital is a very good opportunity to try Segway on practice. Segway is an eco-friendly vehicle having such benefits like simplicity, comfortable speed and intuitive controls. However, strict following all safety instructions and using a helmet is necessary all the time.
Segway is a vehicle allowed for almost all with few limitations. A user should be above 12 years of age to obtain the permission for such a ride and his or her weight should be less than 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.