Ten Interesting Facts About Segway Stockholm
Stockholm is one of the most inventive world cities. A great number of globally spread hi-tech solutions and culture trends born here. Cool bars and luxurious restaurants, cozy cafes, pubs make this historic city a favorite holiday destination for travelers from different parts of the world. The friendly atmosphere and natural beatiful of this place encourage people to get here and to enjoy all the great things making Stockholm admirable. Moreover, there is a fantastic chance for discovering the capital on a comfortable and fast transport absolutely harmless for the environment – Segway.
You might have been to many cities and may have a great understanding of the beauties of nature and man-made miracles, but when it comes to Segway Stockholm you the unique experience. A car or a bus simply cannot replace Segway with its impressive flexibility and convenience.
Stockholm is a city of glory and outstanding adventures. As a big and well developed city Stockholm has endless number of attractions sites and amusement opportunities. You can start your tour from the Royal palace known as the home of the royal family. It’s one of the most distinctive attractions of the old world. From the royal palace, you can move to the Skeppsholmen island, a small piece of land before it was a naval base of Sweden, but now it is situated in the center of Stockholm.
During this trip, you will definitely see Parliament House, the Royal Dramatic Theater, the Royal Opera, the City Hall, and the home of the Nobel Banquet that is the most famous building of the Stockholm. Segway is certainly the best solution for such a tour. A Segway tour is really amusing and gives you a chance to see all the things closer. If you would like to learn more about Segway in Stockholm – take a look at the 10 surprising facts about the Segway that will give you a good idea about the trip. Don’t hesitate and check our list of facts – you will know a lot of new details there.
10 surprising things about Stockholm Segway
- The Segway PT is a two-wheeled, battery-powered electric vehicle.
- Dean Kamen is Segway inventor.
- The manufacturer of the incredible vehicle moving on two wheels is Segway Inc. From New Hampshire.
- The strange name Segway has come from the word “Segue” meaning smooth transportation. As for the PT it is the abbreviation meaning Personal Transportation.
- The computers and the motors placed into the foundation of the machine keeps the Segway vertical when the power is being used. Such a technology lets maintain the right balance of Segway.
- The controls are more than easy – lean forward to drive forward and lean back to drive back, that’s it!
- Having right balance, the Segway notices the changes in the meters and then adjusts the proper speed, controled by leaning forward or backward.
- The weight shifts are noticed by high-tech level and gyroscopic sensors.
- Press the handlebar to the left or to the right to launch Segway.
- The highest speed Segway can reach is 20 kph which is incredibly convenient for driving in a street.
A visit to Swedish capital is a very good opportunity to check Segway on practice. Segway is an eco-friendly transport with such strong points like easiness, relatively high, but safe speed and intuitive controls. Anyway, following the manual and having a helmet is undoubtedly necessary.
There are only very few limitations regarding Segway use. A user needs to be above twelve years of age to obtain the permission for a Segway ride and his or her weight should not exceed 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.