Ten Astonishing Facts About Segway Stockholm
Stockholm is the city of beauty and resourcefullness. Very few people know that Stockholm is the place where numerous innovations and trends appeared. Fantastic culture and exciting history with trendy cafes and restaurants make Swedish capital a good place to visit. There are lots of things making people admire Stockholm – beautiful nature, exciting cityscape and friendly ambience. One of the major Stockholm attractions is the Segway, an ecologically harmless 2-wheel transport that brings much pleasure when driving and makes your travel funnier.
Even the roadsters with rich experience and thousands of discovered places will be steamed up with the Segway tour around Swedish capital. A bus or a train are unable to substitute Segway with its mobility and comfort.
Stockholm is a center of beauty and outstanding adventures. As a big and up-to-date city the capital of Sweden has a great number points of interest and amusement opportunities. Royal Palace is the home for the Swedish royal family and a very convenient beginning point. It will encourage you for exploring Stockholm. Skeppsholmen island with its great museums, architecture and jazz music will perfectly suit as a second point of interest to see in Stockholm.
In this trip, you will be able to see Parliament House, the Royal Dramatic Theater, the Royal Opera, the City Hall, and the home where the Nobel Banquet is held that is the most known building of the Stockholm. Such a trip requires a flexible and simple transport solution like Segway. Using a Segway is nearly equal to walking with one certain difference – you can move faster. We have no doubts you are now interested in a Segway tour, aren’t you? Check those ten amusing facts regarding Segway and reserve a tour. And don’t underestimate the facts we’ve prepared for you, they are very informative.
Ten interesting facts about Segway in Stockholm
- A Segway PT is an electric self balanced vehicle which has a pair of wheels and works using power batteries.
- Dean Kamen from America is the Stockholm Segway inventor.
- The amazing vehicle manufacturer is Segway Inc. From New Hampshire.
- The specific word Segway was taken from the word Segue meaning “being able to go smoothly”. PT stands for Personal Transportation.
- The “dark” secret of Segway’s perfect balance is tightly connected with computers and motor located in the bottom part of the vehicle. These smart electronics and motors guarantee that Segway does not fall when you switch it on.
- If you feel fear about Segway controls – please relax, it’s incredibly easy. Shift to the front or backwards and drive forward or backwards.
- Having right balance, the Segway records the changes in the distance and then sets a appropriate speed, regulated by moving forward or backward.
- Segway notices weight shifts with its fluid sensors – gyroscopic and leveling.
- And for starting in, the driver needs to press the handlebar to the right or left.
- Electric motor allows to reach convenient speed up to 12.5 mph (20 kph).
If you are planning to visit Stockholm, try to experience this exclusive trip. Finally, it is not available in other countries. You don’t need teacher to drive Segway, everything here is very easy to understand and you will quickly get how it works. A helmet and acting according to safety instructions are very important anyway.
Segway trip is allowed for almost all with only few limitations. A driver needs to be above twelve years of age to obtain the permission for this journey and his weight should be less than 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.