Ten Surprising Things About Segway Stockholm
Glory and ingenuity are the most important characteristics of Stockholm. A lot of worldwide popular modern technologies and culture trends born here. Fantastic cultural heritage and fascinating history altogether with stylish restaurants and cafes make Stockholm a worthy place to visit. There are many things making tourists delight the capital of Sweden – beautiful nature, cityscape and friendly ambience. If you are thinking about eco-friendly transport for discovering Swedish capital you can take Segway.
Even the tourists with rich experience and hundreds of discovered cities will be steamed up with that Segway tour around Stockholm. No other transport can substitute the pleasure Segway can give.
Stockholm has unmatched atmosphere of adventure and beauty. As a big and modern city Stockholm has endless number of points of interest and entertainment facilities. The best place to start your tour around Stockholm is the magnificent Royal palace. From the royal home, you can get towards the Skeppsholmen island, a small piece of land long ago used to be a military point of the Swedish fleet, but now it is located in the very heart of Stockholm.
During this trip, you will see the Royal dramatic theatre, Parliament House, City Hall, the Royal Opera, and the home of the Nobel Banquet that is the most famous building of the Stockholm. Such a tour requires a flexible and simple vehicle like Segway. A Segway tour is really funny and gives you an opportunity to see all the things closer. If you would like to know more about Segway in Stockholm – check out the ten interesting facts about the Segway which can give you a good glimpse about the tour. And the facts below will make you realize why this trip is so exciting and you will love it.
Ten surprising facts about Segway in Stockholm
- The Segway PT is a two-wheeled, battery-powered and self-balanced electric vehicle.
- Dean Kamen from the USA is the Stockholm Segway inventor.
- This creative wheeled vehicle is produced by a company basing in New Hampshire and called Segway Inc.
- The uncommon word Segway was taken from the word Segue with the meaning “able to go smoothly”. PT stands for Personal Transportation.
- Segway is equipped with smart electronics and engine which are hidden in its basic part, and that is why Segway does not lose its balance when turned on.
- If you worry about Segway controls – calm down, it’s really easy. Lean forward or to the back and thus drive forward or backwards.
- Segway picks up the speed when you lean forward and lowers it when you lean backward.
- The weight shifts are recorded by special gyroscoping and level sensors.
- Press the handlebar to the right or left to start Segway.
- Electric motor allows to have quite comfortable and safe speed up to 20 kph (12.5 mph).
A travel to Swedish capital is a unique chance to check Segway on practice. Segway is an ecologically harmless machine with such benefits like simplicity, comfortable speed and user friendly controls. But remember to use a helmet and to properly follow all instructions to be on the safe side.
Segway trip is allowed for nearly everybody with only few limitations. A user must be above twelve years to obtain the permission for such a ride and the weight must be less than 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.