Ten Interesting Things About Segway Stockholm
Stockholm is among of the most inventive cities. Only interested people know that Stockholm is the city where numerous innovations and trends were implemented. Tourists from across the world come to Stockholm to enjoy its history, culture and, of course, trendy cafes, restaurants and bars. The friendly environment and natural beauty of this city encourage people to come here and to enjoy all the great things that make Stockholm admiring. If you are thinking about non-pollutant transport for exploring Swedish capital you could take Segway.
Even the tourists with rich and long experience and hundreds of visited cities will be steamed up with the Segway tour around Stockholm. Moving by train, bus and by any other kind of public transport cannot bring you such a pleasure as using Segway in Stockholm.
You will certainly appreciate the adventurous atmosphere of Stockholm. Stockholm offers all types of amusement facilities for every visitor. A great place to start your travel around Stockholm is the fabulous Royal palace. The next attraction site can be the Skeppsholmen Island. It was a military base but later became a center of culture and arts of entire Stockholm.
Almost all most popular buildings of Stockholm such as Parliament House, City Hall and Royal Opera will be available in this tour. This trip needs a mobile and easy-to-use vehicle like Segway. A Segway tour is really exciting and gives you a chance to see everything closer. We have no doubts you have got interested in a Segway tour around Stockholm, aren’t you? Check out ten interesting facts regarding Segway and reserve a journey. And these facts will make you realize why this tour is so interesting and you will love it.
Ten amusing facts about Segway in Stockholm
- A Segway PT is an electric self balanced transport which has two wheels and works using power batteries.
- Dean Kamen from the USA is the Stockholm Segway inventor.
- This creative wheeled vehicle is manufactured by a company basing in New Hampshire – Segway Inc.
- The strange name Segway has derived from the word “Segue” meaning smooth transportation. As for the PT it is the abbreviation meaning Personal Transportation.
- The motors and the processor which are placed in the foundation of the vehicle keeps the Segway vertical when the power is turned on. Such a technology helps maintain the right balance of the vehicle.
- If you feel fear about Segway controls – please relax, everything is very simple. Shift to the front or backwards and thus drive forward or backwards.
- Segway speeds up when you shift the weight forward and lowers it when you do the opposite.
- The weight shifts are detected by high-tech leveling and gyroscopic sensors.
- To make the first move you need to press the handlebar – to the left or right.
- The maximum speed Segway may reach is 12.5 miles per hour that is really convenient for street driving.
A journey to Stockholm is a great opportunity to try Segway in action. Another important thing is that Segway is eco-friendly and driving it is very easy and simple and a total beginner can use it without much difficulty. But please remember to wear a helmet and to follow all safety instructions to be on the safe side.
Segway is allowed for almost all with only few limitations. One needs to be above 12 years of age to get permission for this journey and his maximum weight for this trip is 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.