Ten Surprising Facts About Segway Stockholm
Glory and invention are the main characteristics of the Swedish capital. The majority of trends in arts technologies were invented in this city before becoming popular globally. Guests from across the world visit Stockholm to explore its historical heritage, cultural background and, of course, trendy cafes, restaurants and bars. Speaking about the things tourists love we should mention pleasant environment, amazing nature and fine city views. If you are thinking about non-pollutant mean of transport for discovering Swedish capital you could select Segway.
Even the tourists with long experience and a great number of visited places will be excited with that Segway tour around Stockholm. A car or a bus are unable to substitute Segway with its impressive flexibility and convenience.
Stockholm has inimitable atmosphere of adventure and beauty. Stockholm offers kinds of amusement facilities for absolutely every guest. The best place to start your tour around Stockholm is the magnificent Royal palace. Skeppsholmen island with all its exciting museums, architecture and jazz music will perfectly suit as the next point of interest to check in Stockholm.
This fantastic tour includes in its route all significant Stockholm buildings, from Royal Opera to Parliament House. This trip requires a flexible and simple transport like Segway. Using a Segway is almost like strolling with one difference – you have higher speed. We have made up ten interesting facts about Segway. Such a list will definitely convince you to make the right choice. And our facts will help you better understand why this tour is so easy and how can you enjoy it as well.
10 surprising things about the Segway Stockholm
- A Segway PT is a self-balanced personal transport which has a pair of wheels and works using power batteries.
- The fame and popularity of the Segway inventor belong to Dean Kamen.
- This ingenious two-wheeled vehicle is designed and made by the Segway Inc. Located in New Hampshire.
- The specific name Segway is derived from the word Segue which means “able to move smoothly”. PT stands for Personal Transportation.
- The machine has motor and electronics that are hidden in its basic part, and that is why Segway never loses the balance while it is turned on.
- A user’s action is necessary for making Segway move forward and it can be achieved by the moving the weight forward. As for the backward you need to do the same thing. But here you have to shift the weight backward on the platform.
- While balancing, the Segway detects all changes in the distance and then maintains a appropriate speed, regulated by moving forward or backward.
- The leans are detected by special leveling and gyroscopic sensors.
- To make the initial move press the handlebar – to the right or left.
- Electric eco-friendly engine is able to have quite impressive speed up to 12.5 mph (20 kph).
If you wish to try Segway in action – come to Stockholm. You have no need couch to drive Segway, everything here is really simple and you will soon get how this fabulous vehicle works. A helmet and respect to safety instructions are incredibly important anyway.
There are only very few restrictions regarding Segway usage. One must be above 12 years to obtain permission for such a ride and his weight should not exceed 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.