Ten Surprising Things About Segway Stockholm
Glory and inventiveness are the main characteristics of the Swedish capital. Very few people know Stockholm as the capital where numerous inventions and trends started. Cool bars and high-class restaurants, cozy cafes, pubs all make this historic city a favorite holiday destination for the people of different parts of the world. The warm ambience and natural beatiful of this city encourage visitors to come and to enjoy all the facilities and beauties making Stockholm admirable. One of the major Stockholm attractions is the Segway, an ecologically harmless 2-wheel transport that creates a special feeling and makes a lot of fun while travelling.
Even the tourists with rich experience and hundreds of discovered cities and towns will be amazed with that Segway tour around Swedish capital. A car or a bus just cannot replace Segway with its mobility and convenience.
You will highly appreciate the adventurous ambience of Stockholm. Here you will get all kinds of the entertaining things to make your travel memorable and exciting. You can begin the journey from the Royal palace, the home of the royal family. It’s one of the most popular attractions of Europe. Skeppsholmen island with all its great museums, architecture and jazz music will a good option as a second place to see in Stockholm.
Nearly all most important buildings of the Swedish capital like City Hall, Royal Opera and Parliament House will be available in this tour. Such a trip needs a fast and simple vehicle like Segway. To be brief, Segway is a great alternative to walking – you have totally the same access degree to everything but with much more speed and flexibility. We have made up ten amusing facts about Segway. They will definitely convince you to select the right option. Don’t hesitate and check the facts from our list – you will find out tons of new information there.
Ten surprising things about Segway in Stockholm
- The Segway PT is a 2-wheeled, battery-powered and self-balanced electric vehicle.
- Segway vehicle was invented by Dean Kamen.
- This innovative two-wheeled personal vehicle is produced by the Segway Inc. That is situated in New Hampshire.
- The name Segway comes of the word “Segue” which means smooth movement. As for the PT it is the abbreviation meaning Personal Transportation.
- The electronics and the motors that are used in the basic part of the machine keeps the Segway vertical while the power is being used. It helps keep the balance of Segway.
- A user’s command is necessary for making Segway drive to the front and it can be achieved by the putting the weight forward. As for the backward one needs to do the same thing. But in this case you have to shift the weight back to the platform.
- While balancing, the Segway records all changes in the meters and then sets a matching speed, regulated by leaning forward or backward.
- Segway quickly detects weight shifting with its fluid sensors – gyroscopic and level.
- And for starting in, one should press the handlebar to the left or right.
- Electric motor is able to achieve convenient speed up to 12.5 mph (20 kph).
A travel to Swedish capital is a good chance to try Segway in action. Segway is an ecologically friendly machine that has such advantages like easiness, relatively high, but safe speed and intuitive controls. However, right following instructions and putting a helmet is absolutely necessary.
Segway is a machine allowed for almost all with some limitations. A user must be above twelve years of age to get permission for a Segway ride and his weight must be less than 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.