Ten Surprising Things About Segway Stockholm
Fineness and invention are the most known characteristics of the Swedish capital. The majority of trends in music, fashion, technologies appeared here before they became popular in the world. Trendy bars and luxurious restaurants, cozy cafes, pubs all make this historic city a very desired holiday destination for the people of different parts of the world. Talking about the things that tourists like we should mention very warm environment, amazing nature and great views. At the last, there is a fantastic opportunity for exploring the capital on a comfortable and fast vehicle which is absolutely safe for the environment – Segway.
Even the travelers with rich and long experience and thousands of discovered cities will be amazed with that Segway tour around Swedish capital. A car or a bus are unable to substitute Segway with its mobility and comfort.
One will certainly appreciate the adventurous ambience of Stockholm. Here you will easily find all the entertaining facilities to make your travel enjoyable and interesting. The best place to start your tour around Stockholm is worldwide known Royal palace. From the royal palace, you can go to the Skeppsholmen island, one of the smallest islands used to be a naval post of the Swedish fleet, but now it is located in the very center of Stockholm.
In this tour, you will be able to see Parliament House, the Royal Dramatic Theater, City Hall, the Royal Opera, and the place where the Nobel Banquet is held which is the most famous building of the Swedish capital. Such a tour will be more convenient with a mobile and easy-to-use transport solution like Segway. To be brief, Segway is a very attractive alternative to walking – you have the same access degree to all attractions but with much more speed and mobility. If you would like to learn more information about Segway in Stockholm – take a look at the ten funny facts about the Segway that can give you an idea about the tour. Don’t hesitate and check the facts below – you will know a lot of new details there.
10 interesting things about Segway in Stockholm
- The Segway PT is a 2-wheeled, battery-powered vehicle with self-balance.
- The laurels of the inventor of Segway belong to an American Dean Kamen.
- The producer of the funky vehicle moving on 2 wheels is Segway Inc. From The USA, New Hampshire.
- The word “Segue” was taken as a source for that outstanding name Segway. “Segue” is a noun and a synonym of “smooth transporting”. PT is just an abbreviation for Personal Transportation.
- The secret of Segway’s perfect balance is connected to motors and computers put in the bottom part of the machine. They make sure that the vehicle will not lose balance when you switch it on.
- A user’s command is necessary for making Segway drive forward and it can be done by the moving the weight to the front. As for the backward you need to do exactly the same thing. But in this case you need to move the weight back to the platform.
- Segway increases the speed when you shift the weight forward and decreases the speed when you lean backward.
- The leans are detected by high-tech level and gyroscopic sensors.
- And for making it run, the user should press the handlebar to the left or right.
- The maximum speed Segway can have is 12.5 miles per hour and it is really convenient for urban driving.
If you want to try Segway in action – come to Stockholm. You don’t need teacher to master Segway, everything is very simple and you will quickly have a hunch on how the vehicle works. A helmet and safety instructions are incredibly important anyway.
There are very few restrictions regarding Segway usage. A user should be above 12 years of age to get permission for this trip and the weight should not exceed 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.