Ten Interesting Facts About Segway Stockholm
Fineness and invention are the most known characteristics of the Swedish capital. The majority of trends in arts design, innovations appeared in this city before becoming popular in the world. Tourists from different countries visit Stockholm to enjoy its history, cultural background and, of course, trendy cafes, bars and restaurants. There are lots of things making visitors admire the capital of Sweden – beautiful nature, cityscape and pleasant atmosphere. If you are searching for non-pollutant transport for discovering Swedish capital you could take Segway.
It’s really great that you are an experienced traveler who has discovered a great deal of world attractions, however Segway tours in beautiful Stockholm will certainly become something new for you. No other vehicle is able to substitute the emotions Segway gives.
Stockholm has unmatched spirit of adventure and beauty. Stockholm offers all types of amusement facilities for every tourist. Royal Palace is the residential building for the royal family and a good starting point. It will encourage you for exploring Stockholm. Skeppsholmen island with all its fantastic architecture, jazz music and museums will be a good choice for a second place to see in Stockholm.
This fantastic tour includes all famous Stockholm buildings, from Parliament House to Royal Opera. This trip will be more convenient with a flexible and easy-to-use transport like Segway. To put it shortly, Segway is a great alternative to hiking – you have the same access to the points of interest but with much higher speed. We are sure you have got interested in a Segway tour around Stockholm, aren’t you? Just take a look those ten interesting facts regarding Segway and reserve a trip. And the facts below will help you realize why this Stockholm tour is so exciting and you will appreciate it.
10 amusing things about the Segway Stockholm
- The Segway PT is a two-wheeled, battery-powered electric vehicle.
- Segway vehicle was invented by an American engineer Dean Kamen.
- This ground-breaking two-wheeled vehicle is manufactured by the Segway Inc. Situated in New Hampshire.
- The unique name Segway comes of the word “Segue” that means smooth moving. And the PT is the abbreviation of Personal Transportation.
- The computers and the motors that are used in the basic part of the vehicle makes the Segway vertical all the time while the power is turned on. Such a technology lets maintain the balance of Segway.
- The controls are super simple – lean forward to go forward and lean the body back to move backwards, and that’s it!
- Segway speeds up when you shift the weight forward and lowers it when you shift back.
- Segway quickly detects weight shifting with its fluid-based sensors – leveling and gyroscopic.
- To make the initial move you need to press the handlebar – to the right or left.
- Electric engine allows to have quite comfortable and safe speed up to 20 kph (12.5 mph).
If you wish to see and try Segway on practice – come to Stockholm. You have no need couch to drive Segway, everything here is really easy to understand and you will soon realize how it works. Anyway, strict following safety instructions and using a helmet is undoubtedly necessary.
There are only very few restrictions regarding Segway use. Actually the limitations concern age and weight only – the minimum age is 13 and the maximum weight is 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.