Ten Amusing Facts About Segway Stockholm
Stockholm is the capital of beauty and resourcefullness. The majority of trends in arts innovations, design appeared here before they became popular in the world. People from different countries visit Stockholm to explore its history, culture and, of course, trendy restaurants, bars and cafes. The warm environment and natural look of the capital encourage people to come here and to enjoy all the facilities and beauties making Stockholm admiring. One of the major Stockholm attractions is the Segway, an eco-friendly two wheeler that brings much pleasure when driving and makes your travel funnier.
It’s really great that you are a sophisticated tourist who has discovered an endless numer of world points of interest, however tours with Segway around Stockholm will definitely become something new for you. A car or a bus will never replace Segway with its impressive simplicity and convenience.
Stockholm has inimitable spirit of charm and adventure. Stockholm can offer kinds of amusement facilities for the most picky visitor. A great site to start your tour around Stockholm is the fabulous Royal palace. From the royal palace, you can go towards the Skeppsholmen island, one of the smallest islands before it was a military point of the Swedish fleet, but now it is situated in the very heart of Stockholm.
In this trip, you will be able to see Parliament House, the Royal Dramatic Theater, City Hall, the Royal Opera, and the home of the Nobel Banquet that is the most popular building of the Swedish capital. Segway is certainly the most sensible mean of transport for this trip. A Segway tour is very funny and grants an opportunity to see all the things closer. We have prepared 10 interesting facts about Segway. They will definitely persuade you to choose the right option. And the facts below will make you better understand why this trip is so exciting and why you will 100% enjoy it.
Ten amusing facts about Stockholm Segway
- The Segway PT is a two-wheeled, battery-powered and self-balanced electric vehicle.
- Dean Kamen from the USA is Segway inventor.
- The brilliant vehicle manufacturer is Segway Inc. From The USA, New Hampshire.
- The specific word Segway was taken from the word Segue which means “being able to move smoothly”. PT means Personal Transportation.
- The engine and the computers that are placed in the foundation of the vehicle keeps the Segway vertical all the time while the power is being used. Such a technology helps provide the right balance of Segway.
- If you are afraid of Segway controls – calm down, everything is very simple. Lean to the front or backwards and thus go forward or backwards.
- Segway increases the speed when you shift the weight forward and lowers it when you shift back.
- Segway quickly detects weight shifts with its fluid sensors – leveling and gyroscopic.
- Push the handlebar to the left or right to launch Segway.
- The highest speed Segway may have is 12.5 miles per hour which is very convenient for driving in a street.
A travel to Swedish capital is a great opportunity to check Segway in action. Another significant factor is that Segway is absolutely eco-friendly and handling it is very easy and simple and a complete beginner can use it without any difficulty. Anyway, right following safety instructions and using a helmet is absolutely necessary.
There are only very few restrictions regarding Segway use. A user should be above twelve years to obtain permission for such a ride and the maximum weight for this trip is 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.