10 Surprising Facts About Segway Stockholm
Glory and invention are the main characteristics of Stockholm. Very few people know that Stockholm is the capital where a great number of innovations and trends appeared. People from across the world come to Stockholm to see its historical heritage, culture and, of course, trendy restaurants, bars and cafes. Talking about the things people appreciate we should mention nice ambience, amazing nature and fine views. Finally, there is an outstanding opportunity for discovering the capital on a convenient and fast vehicle absolutely safe for the environment – Segway.
Even the travelers with long experience and a great number of discovered places will be excited with the Segway tour around Swedish capital. A bus or a train simply cannot replace Segway with its impressive flexibility and convenience.
One will definitely appreciate the adventurous atmosphere of Stockholm. As a big and modern city Stockholm has a great number attractions and amusement opportunities. Royal Palace is the residence for the “royal blood” and a very convenient starting point. It will inspire you for exploring Stockholm. Skeppsholmen island with its great museums, jazz music and architecture will a good option as a second place to see here in Stockholm.
Nearly all most significant buildings of Stockholm such as City Hall, Royal Opera and Parliament House will be available in this tour. While preparing a plan of this tour, you could choose a Segway for better comfort. A Segway trip is really exciting and provides an opportunity to see the things closer. If you want to know more information about Segway in Stockholm – take a look at the ten funny Segway facts that will give you an glimpse about the tour. And don’t underrate these facts we’ve prepared for you, they all are very informative.
Ten amusing facts about Segway in Stockholm
- The Segway PT is a two-wheeled, battery-powered vehicle with self-balance.
- Segway vehicle was invented an engineer Dean Kamen.
- This ingenious 2-wheeled vehicle is manufactured by the Segway Inc. Located in New Hampshire.
- The remarkable word Segway was taken from the word Segue meaning “being able to drive smoothly”. PT is explained as Personal Transportation.
- Segway has engine and electronics hidden in its main part, and this is why Segway does not lose its balance while it is turned on.
- If you worry about Segway controls – relax, it’s incredibly easy. Shift forward or to the back and move forward or backwards.
- While balancing, the Segway notices all changes in the distance and then adjusts the appropriate speed, regulated by leaning forward or backward.
- The weight shifts are detected by special gyroscoping and level sensors.
- And for launching Segway, the user needs to press the handlebar to the left or to the right.
- The maximum speed Segway may have is 12.5 mph and it is very convenient for street driving.
If you have plans to go to Stockholm, use a great opportunity to get pleasure from this exclusive trip. All in all, it is not that accessible in other countries. One more important thing is that Segway is eco-friendly and when it comes to handling it is very easy and a beginner can handle it without much difficulties. Anyway, following the manual and wearing a helmet is necessary all the time.
Nearly everyone has the right to drive Segway. A user needs to be above 12 years to obtain permission for such a trip and his maximum weight for this trip is 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.