10 Fascinating Things About Segway Stockholm
Stockholm is among of the most innovative world capitals. A lot of worldwide popular modern technologies and culture trends born here. People from different countries visit Stockholm to see its history, culture and trendy cafes, bars and restaurants. The warm atmosphere and natural beauty of the capital encourage visitors to come and to enjoy all the facilities and beauties making Stockholm admiring. If you are thinking about eco-friendly mean of transport for discovering Swedish capital you could take Segway.
Even the travelers with long experience and thousands of visited cities will be excited with the Segway tour around Swedish capital. Moving by bus, train and by any other source of transport will not satisfy you much like driving Segway in Stockholm.
You will certainly appreciate the adventurous atmosphere of Stockholm. Here you will find all kinds of the entertaining opportunities to make your tour enjoyable and interesting. The best place to begin your travel around Stockholm is the magnificent Royal palace. The next attraction site could be famous Skeppsholmen Island. It used to be a military post but then evolved into a cultural center of entire Stockholm.
This fantastic trip includes all significant buildings of Stockholm, from Royal Opera to Parliament House. Segway is undoubtedly the best solution for this tour. In a word, Segway is a fantastic alternative to walking – you have exactly the same access degree to all attractions but with much more speed and flexibility. If you want to know more about Segway in Stockholm here are the 10 surprising Segway facts which will give you a better idea about the tour. Don’t hesitate and read the facts from our list – you will get lots of new information there.
10 amusing things about Stockholm Segway
- A Segway PT is an electric self balanced vehicle that has a pair of wheels and works using power batteries.
- Dean Kamen is the Stockholm Segway inventor.
- This innovative 2-wheeled vehicle is produced by the Segway Inc. That is located in New Hampshire.
- The specific name Segway was obtained from the word Segue meaning “being able to move smoothly”. PT stands for Personal Transportation.
- The motors and the electronics placed in the basic part of the vehicle makes the Segway vertical all the time while the power is being used. Such a technology helps provide the right balance of Segway.
- The controls are super easy – lean forward to move forward and lean the body back to go backwards, that’s it!
- During the ride lean your body to the front or lean back in order to make speed higher or lower.
- Segway notices weight shifts with its sensors – gyroscopic and level.
- Push the handlebar to the left or to the right to start Segway.
- Electric eco-friendly engine allows to have quite convenient speed up to 12.5 mph (20 kph).
A trip to Stockholm is a unique chance to check Segway in action. One more significant factor is that it is eco-friendly and using it is very easy and a total beginner can use it without much problems. However, right following all safety instructions and having a helmet is necessary all the time.
Nearly everybody can use Segway. One should be above twelve years of age to obtain permission for this trip and his or her weight should be less than 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.