10 Interesting Facts About Segway Stockholm
Stockholm is the city of glory and resourcefullness. A great number of globally known hi-tech solutions and fashion trends appeared here. Tourists from different countries visit Stockholm to see its historical heritage, cultural background and, of course, trendy cafes, restaurants and bars. The warm ambience and natural look of this city encourage tourists to get here and to enjoy all the amazing attractions that make Stockholm admirable. Moreover, there is a great opportunity for exploring the city on a convenient and fast transport totally safe for the environment – Segway.
Even the roadsters with rich and long experience and a great number of discovered cities and towns will be steamed up with that Segway tour around Swedish capital. No other transport can replace the feelings Segway gives.
Stockholm has exciting spirit of beauty and adventure. Here you will find all kinds of the entertaining opportunities to make your travel memorable and exciting. A great site to start your travel around Stockholm is the fabulous Royal palace. Skeppsholmen island with its exciting museums, architecture and jazz music will be a good choice for the next place to visit here in Stockholm.
This fantastic tour includes in its route all memorable Stockholm buildings, from Royal Opera to Parliament House. Segway is definitely the most sensible solution for this trip. To put it shortly, Segway is a great alternative to strolling – you have the same access degree to everything but with much higher speed. If you want to read more about Segway in Stockholm – take a look at the 10 surprising facts about the Segway that will give you an glimpse about the trip. Don’t wait and check the facts – you will get a great deal of new details there.
Ten interesting things about the Segway Stockholm
- A Segway PT design includes power batteries, two wheels and self-balancing technology.
- The popularity and fame of the inventor of Segway belong to an American Dean Kamen.
- This ground-breaking two-wheeled personal vehicle is manufactured by the Segway Inc. Situated in New Hampshire.
- The strange name Segway comes of the word “Segue” that means smooth movement. As for the PT it is the abbreviation of Personal Transportation.
- The “dark” secret of Segway’s unbelievable balance lies in computers and motor which are located in the lower part of the vehicle. These smart electronics and motors guarantee that the vehicle will not fall over when you turn it on.
- The controls are incredibly simple – lean to the front to go to the front and lean the body back to drive back, that’s it!
- Segway picks up the speed when you shift the weight forward and lowers it when you lean backward.
- The leans are recorded by high-tech gyroscoping and level sensors.
- Push the handlebar to the right or left to start driving.
- The highest speed Segway may achieve is 12.5 mph that is incredibly convenient for urban driving.
If you wish to see and try Segway in real life – go to Stockholm. One more important thing is that it is eco-friendly and controlling it is very easy and simple so that a beginner can handle it without any difficulty. However, proper following instructions and putting a helmet is necessary all the time.
Segway trip is allowed for nearly all with only few restrictions. A driver should be above twelve years of age to get the permission for a Segway trip and his weight should not exceed 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.