Ten Surprising Things About Segway Stockholm
Stockholm is the capital of charm and invention. All trends in arts innovations, design appeared here before they became popular globally. Stylish bars and fabulous restaurants, notable cafes and pubs all make this old city a very desired holiday destination for the people of all over the world. There are lots of things making tourists delight the capital of Sweden – charming nature, townscape and pleasant environment. If you are thinking about eco-friendly transport for exploring Stockholm you could select Segway.
Even if you have been to dozens of cities and countries and may have enjoyed a great deal of the beauties of nature and human creation, but Stockholm Segway guarantees you the unique experience. Going by bus, train and by any other kind of transportation cannot satisfy you much like going by Segway in Stockholm.
One will definitely appreciate the adventurous ambience of Stockholm. Here you will easily find all the entertaining opportunities to make your trip unforgettable and interesting. Royal Palace is the residence for the “royal blood” and a good starting point. It will inspire you for discovering Stockholm. From the royal residence, you can go towards the Skeppsholmen island, a small piece of land before it was a military post of the Swedish fleet, but now it is situated in the center of Stockholm.
In this tour, you will see Parliament House, the Royal Dramatic Theater, the Royal Opera, the City Hall, and the home where the Nobel Banquet is held that is the most popular building of the Swedish capital. While planning this tour, you could choose a Segway for better speed and flexibility. To put it shortly, Segway is a fantastic alternative to hiking – you have totally the same access degree to everything but with much higher speed. If you want to learn more information about Segway in Stockholm – take a look at the 10 surprising Segway facts which can give you a better glimpse about the tour. Don’t wait and check the facts from our list – you will learn a great deal of new things there.
Ten interesting things about Segway in Stockholm
- The Segway PT is a two-wheeled, battery-powered and self-balanced electric vehicle.
- The laurels of the Segway inventor belong to Dean Kamen.
- This creative wheeled vehicle is produced by a company situated in New Hampshire and called Segway Inc.
- The specific name Segway is derived from the word Segue with the meaning “being able to move smoothly”. PT stands for Personal Transportation.
- Segway has engine and computers located in its basic part, and that is the reason why Segway never loses its balance when it is turned on.
- If you are afraid of Segway controls – relax, everything is very simple. Shift to the front or backwards and thus drive forward or backwards.
- Having right balance, the Segway detects all changes in the distance and then sets a proper speed, regulated by leaning forward or backward.
- Fluid-based gyroscopic and leveling sensors record the weight shift.
- And for starting in, the user should press the handlebar to the left or right.
- The Segway PT is able to maintain the maximum of 12.5 miles in an hour and it is driven by the electric engine that make the tour easy and comfortable.
If you have plans to visit Stockholm, don’t miss a chance to experience this unique Segway tour. Finally, it is not that popular in other parts of the world. You have no necessity in an expert to drive Segway, everything is very simple and you will soon have a hunch on how it works. However, right following instructions and using a helmet is necessary all the time.
There are only few restrictions on Segway use. One must be above twelve years of age to get permission for this trip and his weight must be less than 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.