10 Amusing Things About Segway Stockholm
Stockholm is among of the most innovative cities. Very few people know that Stockholm is the city where a great number of innovations and trends appeared. Fantastic culture and rich history together with stylish cafes and restaurants make Stockholm a good place to come to. There are many things making tourists admire the capital of Sweden – beautiful nature, townscape and pleasant atmosphere. One of the major Stockholm attractions is the Segway, an eco-friendly two wheeler that helps you move fast and makes the tour much funnier.
Even if you have been to many countries and may have enjoyed a great deal of the nature beauties and man-made miracles, but Segway ride in Stockholm guarantees that you the unique experience. A car or a bus will never replace Segway with its impressive simplicity and convenience.
You will highly appreciate the spirit of adventure of Stockholm. Stockholm has any type of amusement facilities for absolutely every visitor. An awesome place to begin your tour around Stockholm is the famous Royal palace. The next waypoint could be the Skeppsholmen Island. This small piece of land surrounded with water was a military base but then evolved into a center of culture and arts of entire Stockholm.
Almost all most famous buildings of the Swedish capital like City Hall, Royal Opera and Parliament House will be available in this tour. Such a tour needs a mobile and easy-to-use transport like Segway. A Segway trip is really amusing and gives you an opportunity to see the things closer. We have no doubts you have got interested in a Segway tour, right? Check ten interesting facts regarding Segway and reserve a trip. And these facts will make you understand why this Stockholm tour is so interesting and how can you enjoy it as well.
Ten interesting facts about Stockholm Segway
- The Segway PT is a two-wheeled, battery-powered and self-balanced electric vehicle.
- The Stockholm Segway is invented by an American engineer Dean Kamen.
- This unique two-wheeled vehicle is produced by a company basing in New Hampshire and called Segway Inc.
- The strange name Segway has come from the word “Segue” meaning smooth motion. And the PT is the abbreviation of Personal Transportation.
- The engine and the computers that are placed into the basic part of the vehicle keeps the Segway vertical when the power is turned on. Such a technology lets keep the right balance of Segway.
- A user’s action is necessary for making Segway go forward and it can be achieved by the moving the weight to the front. As for the backward one needs to do exactly the same thing. But here you need to put the weight backward on the platform.
- Segway increases the speed when you lean forward and decreases the speed when you do the opposite.
- Segway quickly detects weight shifting with its fluid sensors – leveling and gyroscopic.
- Press the handlebar to the left or to the right to launch Segway.
- The Segway PT is able to achieve the maximum of 12.5 miles in an hour and it is driven by the electric motors making any street tour easy and comfortable.
A visit to Swedish capital is a good opportunity to try Segway on practice. Segway is an ecologically harmless vehicle having such strong points like simplicity, relatively high, but safe speed and user friendly controls. But remember to put on a helmet and to properly follow the instructions to be on the safe side.
There are very few restrictions on Segway use. One needs to be above twelve years of age to obtain the permission for a Segway trip and his weight should not exceed 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.