10 Interesting Facts About Segway Stockholm
Fineness and inventiveness are the main characteristics of Stockholm. A great deal of worldwide known modern solutions and culture trends born here. Guests from across the world come to Stockholm to enjoy its historical heritage, cultural background and, of course, trendy cafes, bars and restaurants. Speaking about the things tourists love we would like to mention very warm environment, exciting nature and fine urbanscape. One of the best Stockholm attractions is the Segway, an ecologically harmless two wheeler that brings much pleasure when driving and makes a lot of fun while travelling.
Even the roadsters with long experience and hundreds of discovered places will be excited with that Segway tour around Stockholm. No other transport is able to substitute the feelings Segway gives.
Stockholm has unmatched spirit of charm and adventure. Here you will find all kinds of the entertaining things to make your travel unforgettable and exciting. Royal Palace is the residential building for the “royal blood” and a good beginning point. It will inspire you for exploring Stockholm. The next worthy site can be the Skeppsholmen Island. This small piece of land surrounded with water was a military post but later turned into a cultural center of Stockholm and Sweden.
This amazing trip includes in its route all famous Stockholm buildings, from Parliament House to Royal Opera. This trip will be more convenient with a fast and simple transport like Segway. To put it shortly, Segway is a great alternative to strolling – you have exactly the same access degree to all attractions but with much more speed and mobility. We have made up ten interesting facts about Segway. Such a list will certainly persuade you to select the right option. And don’t undervalue these facts we’ve prepared for you, all of them are really useful and interesting.
Ten surprising facts about the Segway Stockholm
- A Segway PT design consists of power batteries, two wheels and self-balance technology.
- The popularity and fame of the inventor of Segway belong to Dean Kamen.
- This unique wheeled rolling machine is produced by a company located in New Hampshire and called Segway Inc.
- The remarkable name Segway was obtained from the word Segue which means “being able to drive smoothly”. PT means Personal Transportation.
- The secret of Segway’s unbelievable balance is tightly connected with motors and computers that are located in the bottom main part of the vehicle. They guarantee that Segway does not fall over when you switch it on.
- If you worry about Segway controls – please relax, everything is very easy. Shift forward or backwards and thus go forward or backwards.
- While balancing, the Segway detects the changes in the meters and then maintains the proper speed, controled by moving forward or backward.
- The leans are recorded by high-tech gyroscoping and leveling sensors.
- Press the handlebar to the right or left to make Segway start.
- The Segway PT is able to have the speed of 12.5 miles in an hour and it is based on the electric motors making the trip easy and comfortable.
If you want to check Segway on practice – come to Stockholm. Another significant thing is that it is absolutely eco-friendly and driving it is very easy so that a beginner can handle it without much difficulty. Anyway, strict following all safety instructions and having a helmet is undoubtedly necessary.
There are only few restrictions on Segway usage. A driver should be above twelve years of age to get permission for such a ride and his maximum weight for this trip is 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.