Ten Interesting Facts About Segway Stockholm
Stockholm is the city of beauty and invention. Very few people know that Stockholm is the city where a great number of inventions and trends appeared. Incredible cultural background and fascinating history altogether with stylish cafes and restaurants make Stockholm a worthy place to come to. The warm atmosphere and natural beauty of this place encourage people to come here and to enjoy all the facilities and beauties that make Stockholm admiring. One of the major attractions of Stockholm is the Segway, an ecologically harmless 2-wheel transport that brings much pleasure when driving and makes the tour much funnier.
Even the tourists with rich experience and a great number of visited places will be amazed with the Segway tour around Swedish capital. No other transport can replace the feelings Segway can give.
You will certainly appreciate the sense of adventure of Stockholm. Stockholm has all types of amusement facilities for every visitor. You can begin your trip from the Royal palacewhich is famous home of the royal dynasty. It’s one of the most well-known attractions of Europe. Skeppsholmen island with its unparalleled museums, jazz music and architecture will perfectly suit as the next attraction site to visit in Stockholm.
This amazing tour includes in its route all famous Stockholm buildings, from Parliament House to Royal Opera. While planning this tour, think about a Segway for better speed and flexibility. Using a Segway is very close to walking with one difference – you have higher speed. If you wish to know more about Segway in Stockholm – check out the ten surprising facts about the Segway which can give you a good glimpse about the trip. Don’t think twice and read the facts from our list – you will find out tons of new information there.
Ten amusing things about the Segway Stockholm
- A Segway PT construction consists of power batteries, two wheels and self-balancing technology.
- The popularity and fame of the Segway inventor belong to Dean Kamen.
- This ingenious two-wheeled vehicle is produced by the Segway Inc. That is situated in New Hampshire.
- The unique name Segway has derived from the word “Segue” meaning smooth moving. And the PT is the abbreviation meaning Personal Transportation.
- Segway has motor and electronics located in its main part, and that is the reason why Segway does not lose the balance while it is turned on.
- If you are afraid of Segway controls – relax, it’s very easy. Shift forward or backwards and go forward or backwards.
- During the driving lean your body to the front or to the back in order to increase or decrease speed.
- Segway notices weight shifts with its fluid sensors – level and gyroscopic.
- Press the handlebar to the left or right to launch Segway.
- The highest speed Segway can reach is 12.5 miles per hour which is very convenient for driving in a street.
A travel to Stockholm is a great chance to try Segway on practice. One more important thing is that Segway is absolutely eco-friendly and when it comes to handling it is very easy and a complete newbie can use it without any difficulties. But please don’t forget to put on a helmet and to properly follow the instructions to avoid any risk.
Segway trip is allowed for almost everybody with few limitations. A driver should be above 12 years to obtain permission for such a journey and the weight should be less than 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.