Ten Interesting Facts About Segway Stockholm
Fineness and inventiveness are the most known characteristics of the Swedish capital. Only interested people know that Stockholm is the capital where a lot of innovations and trends started. People from across the world visit Stockholm to see its historical heritage, cultural background and, of course, trendy cafes, restaurants and bars. The warm atmosphere and natural beauty of the capital encourage visitors to come here and to enjoy all the facilities and beauties that make Stockholm admirable. Moreover, there is an outstanding chance for exploring the city on a comfortable and fast vehicle absolutely safe for the environment – Segway.
Even if you have seen dozens of cities and countries and may have enjoyed a great deal of the nature beauties and man-made miracles, but when it comes to Segway Stockholm you the unique experience. Going by bus, train and by any other kind of transport will hardly satisfy you much like going by Segway in Stockholm.
You will definitely appreciate the sense of adventure of Stockholm. Here you will find all kinds of the entertaining facilities to make your trip enjoyable and interesting. A great site to begin your walk around Stockholm is the fabulous Royal palace. The next attraction site can be famous Skeppsholmen Island. It used to be a military post but later became a center of culture and arts of Stockholm and Sweden.
This fantastic tour includes in its route all significant Stockholm buildings, from Royal Opera to Parliament House. While preparing a plan of this trip, consider doing it by a Segway for better speed and flexibility. A Segway trip is very funny and gives you a chance to see everything closer. We have 10 interesting facts about Segway. Such a list will certainly help you choose the right thing. Don’t wait and check the facts – you will know a great deal of new details there.
Ten amusing facts about the Segway Stockholm
- A Segway PT is an electric self balanced personal transport that has a pair of wheels and works on power batteries.
- Dean Kamen from America is the Stockholm Segway inventor.
- This unique two-wheeled vehicle is manufactured by a company basing in New Hampshire and called Segway Inc.
- The unusual Segway has derived from the word “Segue” that means smooth moving. And the PT is the abbreviation of Personal Transportation.
- The engine and the processor that are placed into the foundation of the machine keeps the Segway upright while the power is turned on. It lets maintain the right balance of Segway.
- The controls are more than simple – lean forward to move to the front and lean back to drive back, and that’s it!
- Having right balance, the Segway records all the changes in the meters and then adjusts a proper speed, controled by leaning forward or backward.
- Fluid gyroscopic and leveling sensors notice the weight movement.
- And for launching it, the user should press the handlebar to the right or left.
- The Segway PT can achieve the speed of 12.5 miles per hours and it is driven by the electric engine making any street tour comfortable and easy.
If you want to check Segway on practice – come to Stockholm. Another significant factor is that Segway is eco-friendly and when it comes to handling it is very easy so that a complete newbie can use it without any problems. A helmet and safety instructions have great importance in all cases.
There are only very few restrictions on Segway usage. Actually the limitations concern age and weight only – the minimum age is 13 and the maximum weight is 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.