Ten Amusing Facts About Segway Stockholm
Stockholm is one of the most resourceful capitals. A great number of globally popular modern solutions and culture trends appeared here. Tourists from different countries come to Stockholm to enjoy its history, cultural background and, of course, trendy cafes, restaurants and bars. Speaking about the things people adore we would like to mention very warm ambience, amazing nature and fine urbanscape. One of the main attractions of Stockholm is the Segway, an eco-friendly 2-wheel transport that helps you move fast and makes the tour much funnier.
We believe that you are an experienced tourist who has discovered an endless numer of world attraction sites, however Segway tours around beautiful Stockholm will definitely become something new for you. A car or a bus just cannot replace Segway with its impressive simplicity and comfort.
Stockholm is a center of beauty and outstanding adventures. As a big and modern city Stockholm has a great number attractions and entertainment facilities. An awesome site to begin your tour around Stockholm is worldwide known Royal palace. Skeppsholmen island with all its great museums, jazz music and architecture will perfectly suit as the next place of interest to see in Stockholm.
During this tour, you will definitely see Parliament House, the Royal Dramatic Theater, the Royal Opera, the City Hall, and the home of the Nobel Banquet which is the most famous building of the Swedish capital. Such a tour will be more convenient with a fast and easy-to-use transport like Segway. Going by a Segway is almost like strolling with one certain difference – you have higher speed. We have prepared ten cool facts about Segway. They will certainly help you choose the right option. And our facts will help you realize why this tour is so interesting and how can you enjoy it as well.
10 amusing things about the Segway Stockholm
- The Segway PT is a 2-wheeled, battery-powered electric vehicle.
- The fame and popularity of the Segway inventor belong to an American Dean Kamen.
- This creative wheeled rolling machine is produced by a company located in New Hampshire – Segway Inc.
- The word “Segue” was used as a source for the outstanding name Segway. “Segue” is a word meaning “smooth transporting”. PT is just a short form of Personal Transportation.
- The secret of Segway’s incredible balance lies in motors and computers that are located in the lower part of the vehicle. These smart electronics and motors make sure that Segway will not fall over when you switch it on.
- A user’s command is required to make Segway drive to the front and it can be achieved by the moving the weight to the front. As for the reverse one needs to do the same thing. But here you have to shift the weight back to the platform.
- Having right balance, the Segway notices all changes in the meters and then maintains the appropriate speed, regulated by moving forward or backward.
- The weight shifts are detected by high-tech gyroscoping and leveling sensors.
- Press the handlebar to the left or to the right to start driving.
- The Segway PT can achieve the speed of 12.5 miles per hours and it is driven by the electric engine making the trip easy and comfortable.
If you want to check and try Segway on practice – come to Stockholm. You have no necessity in teacher to master Segway, everything here is very simple and you will promptly realize how it works. Anyway, following all safety instructions and having a helmet is undoubtedly necessary.
There are very few restrictions regarding Segway use. Actually the limitations concern age and weight only – the minimum age is 13 and the maximum weight is 110 kg. If you do not meet these two requirements you will not be allowed for a Segway trip.